MK Lightning Vs Devils - Sat 23 Sep 2017 - CC - Chat/Updates

kettdevil1

To be fair, I didn't see the game last night. But if it was anything like tonight - shambles. PP - rubbish. PK - rubbish. Defence - RUBBISH. Forward lines - not clicking. Our best line at the moment is our fourth line, and that's only because of the energy they're bringing. This is the worst game of devils hockey I think I've seen in 3 years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even worse than losing to Nottingham at home last year? Or Sheffield the week after winning the Challenge Cup, or away to Edinburgh two years ago at their place? Losses come and go it's the bigger picture that counts..... using this logical the fact that we beat Nottingham, Sheffield and Davos makes them even worse than us.... which is strangely reassuring!

Not arguing that we don't need to change things, just trying to put things in context....

We've played 6 games this season so far - 3 have been completely terrible and 3 have been mediocre at best.

kingmo19.1

We've played 6 games this season so far - 3 have been completely terrible and 3 have been mediocre at best.

Tonight was the 14 (fourteenth) game that this team has played this season (incl pre-season + CHL).
Zero chemistry on all lines.
Like I have said in the Manchester thread, I'd give them another 6 games (MAXIMUM) then changes are required.

kettdevil1

So I am assuming that you are saying that the wins against Sheff and Nott were mediocre? I think we will have to agree to disagree on that.

Tonight was the 14 (fourteenth) game that this team has played this season (incl pre-season + CHL).
Zero chemistry on all lines.
Like I have said in the Manchester thread, I'd give them another 6 games (MAXIMUM) then changes are required.
Obviously I mean PROPER domestic games............ jeez.

I just can't even believe the same team that beat Davos is the same team that played this weekend. Maybe the players just don't want it enough. Shocking display. I've never EVER been so bored watching a hockey game in my entire life!!!

kingmo19.1

Well what a load of garbage was that, for the first time in 30 yrs I left the game with 7 mins on the clock, as I couldn't be arsed with watching that drivel anymore, that was like having teeth extracted. I watched my team play at MK last night, and they were truly aweful, so tonight I was expecting a backlash, what I didn't expect was that the backlash was going to be against us. Like many others I love this club, but sorry guys you just don't cut it, you just don't cut it, that cuts me to the quick and truly sucks, but so do we at the moment. UNHAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Obviously I mean PROPER domestic games............ jeez.

I just can't even believe the same team that beat Davos is the same team that played this weekend. Maybe the players just don't want it enough. Shocking display. I've never EVER been so bored watching a hockey game in my entire life!!!

Whhhhhhoooooooooooo ..... keep your hair on! .... ALL games provide an opportunity for the team to gel - not just the PROPER ones! .... and to date, there have been 14 occurrences.

To play like total strangers after 14 games is very alarming don't you think!

Whhhhhhoooooooooooo ..... keep your hair on! .... ALL games provide an opportunity for the team to gel - not just the PROPER ones! .... and to date, there have been 14 occurrences.

To play like total strangers after 14 games is very alarming don't you think!
I agree! But the pre-season performances were a lot better than the last 6 PROPER games.

Worrying, but not the end of the world.

So I am assuming that you are saying that the wins against Sheff and Nott were mediocre? I think we will have to agree to disagree on that.
We won in Sheffield, Barely. We beat Nottingham with a convincing score line, but did we look the better team? I'd argue not to be honest (and I did enjoy that game)

kettdevil1

We won in Sheffield, Barely. We beat Nottingham with a convincing score line, but did we look the better team? I'd argue not to be honest (and I did enjoy that game)

Maybe I am being blinded by the words 'we won in Sheffield' as it wasn't long ago that we would have done a great deal to hear those words!,

Anyway, back on topic..... was I the only one that (second period aside), enjoyed my first visit back to MK for years? Good atmosphere, decent barn and although the result wasn't great, a decent game....