Message from Mac Faulkner

Reading between the lines there seems to be a lot being held back for the sake of the club, one very striking point is the lack of reference to Ragan.

Top bloke, sounds as if the club could have had a good solid team, such a huge shame. :DWD

So the captain is also owed money, true gent right till the end, i wonder if mac would have stayed if this offer never came up ? , as i have said before Devils R.I.P., totally destroyed
from within. :DWD

Wannabe2

A very classy statement, from a very classy young man. Don't think human beings get much classier than this guy,think he could have said so so much more if he was that way inclined, and no one could have blamed him,I know I would have then again I am gobby. Thank you Mr Faulkner for being you, a great character, a great player, and equally a great captain. Shame on the Devils Organisation, there is no way back now for people who,s moral standards lie in the gutter, shame, shame, shame on you.

wildthing74

I just want to wish you and Di all the best for the future Mac.You are an absolute gentleman and we were lucky to have you at our club.
We will miss you not only as a great player but all round fun guy and it was a please getting to know you both.
You did so much for our club and so many things for charity that you never made a big fuss about and we have lost a huge character.
Good luck with school but you never know we've had legends return in the past so hopefully one day we might see that smiling number 11 on our new ice next door.

BostonBart22

good luck for the future mac, you will be missed. who is the next statement coming from, lord,marsh,plumton, or that tool ragan ..... will hold my breath. :DWD

ASHIPP

What a truely classy and genuine guy Mac is. Here is an individual defined by integrity and professionalism.....qualities sadly lacking in our Club's owner

Mac epitomised leadership by setting an example on and off the ice. Am sure if it wasn't for his inspiration and hard work, life would have been even tougher for some players.
And for all his effort, influence and loyalty he is still owed money. Absolutely disgraceful.

Thankyou Mac for all you did for the Club and team. It was a privelege watching your skills.
All the very best to you and Diane for an exciting future.

Finny

A classy statement from one of the classiest players we've ever had. Hopefully he will study in Harvard for a year and then come back to captain us in our first season in the new Arena.

If not, it's been an honour to call him a Cardiff Devil.

dave

Or Even better finny comes back as business manager.. We have had so many players do business degrees etc and never seem to use the skills they get taught etc

Finny

dave said:
Or Even better finny comes back as business manager.. We have had so many players do business degrees etc and never seem to use the skills they get taught etc
I misread that as you wanted me to be Business Manager! :lol:
But yeh, Mac in that position would be fantastic.

Finny said:
A classy statement from one of the classiest players we've ever had. Hopefully he will study in Harvard for a year and then come back to captain us in our first season in the new Arena.

If not, it's been an honour to call him a Cardiff Devil.

Here, here. I'd love to see Mac back with us.

What an achievement for him to study at Harvard, just showes the calliber of man he is.

Just goes to show how much class Mac and Dan have, as has already been said.
After this, a classy response from the owner is needed to restore some credibility in the club nevermind himself. We all know the chances of that.
Fans buyout an option?
Fingers crossed for that Euro lottery win :mrgreen:

voth26

spoke to mac many times always the perfect gent, and always very geniune in what he did and said, he will be missed no doubt about that but he has a massive opportunity with Havard so well done to him for gaining it, this is a reflection on him as a person so he should be very very proud of that fact. It would be great if he returned to lead the team in the new rink, but for now it has been a massive pleasure and our honour mac having you in a devils shirt,