All at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it
Does it really matter where its held? For goodness sake

Oops, damn, I've retired. Old habits and all that :eek:
You may have - I haven't.
No, you just chose to post in a negative way about everything. Think I'll stick to retirement !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UP86bciVA

TheDevilTorn said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Do you have the time
To listen to me whine
About nothing and everything
All at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it
Does it really matter where its held? For goodness sake

Oops, damn, I've retired. Old habits and all that :eek:
No, you just chose to post in a negative way about everything. Think I'll stick to retirement !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UP86bciVA

Wannabe2

Only roughly 9 people have responded to this meet the players date and venue, and probably a few hundred will attend so why are people taking these posts so incredibly serious. If you want to go then who gives a rats arse where it is.

Finny

Once again my suggestion for it to be held in a lap dancing club has been blatantly ignored.

I don't suppose there is any chance that Holland House is in Amsterdam?

The last few meet/farewell to the players, I can remember, have been held in Tiger Tiger, Callaghans and Terra Nova. These are pubs that usually have other drinkers, usually had a curfew for kids to leave and for two of them are in the centre of town...not great to be walking kids around once people are drinking.

I think it's a great venue choice, on plenty of bus routes as well. Does anyone know if there is parking there though?

ASHIPP

Who gives a monkeys where it's held? Isn't the whole purpose to meet the team etc, not act like the Hotel Inspector! :lol: (any body seen Alex Polizzi on that show - great entertainment) The clue about the Holland House is in the press release - bigger venue because , with many more season ticket holders this year, they might be expecting a large turnout....too big for the Wharf, perhaps.

But if we're talking about alternative venues.... why can't we have it in the Millenium Stadium hospitality boxes instead? :lol: :lol: Mind you, even that would not be satisfactory for some people on here!

Reminds me of that saying, you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Why do people seem to enjoy finding fault where there isnt any, it just beggars belief. How on earth anyone can find a problem with having the evening in a hotel in beyond me.

rocketbob

I will be going. I think the choice of venue is excellent as it has parking, excellent public transport links, and is not exclusive. Nice one Devils.

drainage

To be honest if I was in the Devils organisation and saw some of the comments I think I would say forget it ........ nothing is perfect, nothing suits everyone why cant we accept that and participate or not based on personal views and feelings. For me a hotel slap bang in the city centre that doesnt involve taking children to pubs seems fine BUT THAT IS MY VIEW just before I get shot down in flames !!

sometimes I think we let ourselves down ..... really I do

osh

Wannabe2 said:
Only roughly 9 people have responded to this meet the players date and venue, and probably a few hundred will attend so why are people taking these posts so incredibly serious. If you want to go then who gives a rats arse where it is.

I like this post! Straight to the point and in light of what Wannabe2 says I think we should take a look at just how we have reacted to a throw away statement that one member didn't think the venue was family friendly!

I'll be there, with my son. Actually prefer it to the Wharf as there is no expanse of water to worry about if he is out of sight.

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:

I like this post! Straight to the point and in light of what Wannabe2 says I think we should take a look at just how we have reacted to a throw away statement that one member didn't think the venue was family friendly!
Agreed. Its all a bit pathetic really, isn't it? I can't believe how small comments and inferences get taken waaay out of context, waved around on a flag 60 foot in the air for everyone to see and then dragged back down to be stamped into the mud by 30 pairs of dirty boots.

Maybe we should have a designated "Fight Club" section - for everyone to air their personal grievances with each other via the safety of the Internet. Then at least it won't continue to drag down topical and and informative threads.