McMorrows favourite song.

zoesdevil

OMG peoe get a sense of humour for goodness sake it was a joke and I've seen alot worse things posted on here before about squeelers without actual proof so don't start gettin all political over a simple but funny little song!!! :roll:

zoesdevil

OMG people cant you take a jome for goodness sake!! I've seen alot worse things written on this forum before about squeelers players and
management without any actual proof that could be liable so it was a funny simple song that was meant as no harm just a bit of fun!! So take a chill pill and get off bubbles case!!

E.D.S.

It did bring a wry smile to my miserable face but on the whole it is in poor taste. If you are "friends" with him then may be keeping it between the two of you may have been more appropriate.

Part of me thinks 'crack on' it's just a joke (albeit in poor taste) and part of me thinks this should be removed - and when something is balancing precariously between the two surely it makes good sense to remove it...doesn't it?

Just my miserable, grumpy old opinion but it does imply (in jest or not) that there was drug use.

voth26

when you consider some of the posts that have been posted on this forum referring to devils players, about performace "their not trying to win more interested in watching the superbowl and having a few pints", "personel condition not good spent summer working in a bar in cyprus" etc etc, then i think bubbles post wasnt that bad!!!!

Holl_5 said:
Quite! I suggest Bubbles, that if you have a spare hour before you go to Nottingham then you should have a browse of the Sheffield Wednesday forum defamation case. Here No one is safe! :lol:
Not sure if you're seriously comparing the two or not, but the Wednesday case was related to serious posts casting people in a bad light and directly accussing them of dishonesty and possible illegal dealings.

This was a joke song that doesn't seriously imply that McMorrow didn't make it in the nhl because of drugs.

People need to lighten up, everyone goes on about blame culture and court cases, but in the most part it's the PC brigade that kick up fuss over nothing!

bluedevil said:
Not sure if you're seriously comparing the two or not, but the Wednesday case was related to serious posts casting people in a bad light and directly accussing them of dishonesty and possible illegal dealings.

This was a joke song that doesn't seriously imply that McMorrow didn't make it in the nhl because of drugs.
Yes, I'm fully aware of the legal stuff behind the Wednesday case. To be honest I've been wanting to link that case for a while as a lot of stuff on here borders the line. It's more a friendly 'look what can happen' more than anything.

As for the 'possible illegal dealings' in the Wednesday case, yes, but the whole thing with McMorrow actually surrounds possible illegal dealings with drugs. Does the song accuse McMorrow of possible illegal things? You could argue that. In which case it's usually better not to say anything until proven...aka the John Terry case (thanks Finny).

Looking around other forums mods have clearly stated that people should think before posting. As I, and others on here have said, defamation isn't bothered whether it's a joke or not.

And for the record, I didn't say I didn't find the song amusing. ;)

Sliput

cardiffdevil said:
I agree with Rempel16, if one of our players had been accused and someone posted something like this online we would be up in arms.
A while ago there were some serious accusations against some Devils players,it was posted over all forums and i dont remember the Devils fans going into meltdown.

I dont find what the original poster put very funny but that doesnt deny their right to put it on here.

Dont like the guy (McMorrow ,not the poster :D )...hope he clears his name BUT if he is found guilty he deserves all he gets. As they say,innocent until proven otherwise.

Thread starter #32
Been very frightened. I haven't moved out of the house in case I get arrested. Haven't answered the door incase a warrant is out on me.

I am now in Belfast, not sure whats going to happen here as I might get lynched.

Can somebody hire me a good lawyer, I need to clear my name.

Please help.