Maybe Time For New Import

bb1

Thread starter #1
I might get slated here but I definitely think its time for Todd and Lordo to seek out a new import player as we just seem to be getting injury after injury. Full strength we seem to be a force that few can contain. 4-0 over league leaders but the fact we lost Mychan messed up lines and boom...we just scraped a win (I take into consideration a few dumb penalties cost us too). We have played most of the top teams and have kept ourselves within title contention. I don't see any reason whatsoever why we can't keep the momentum up and go for it.

We are only a few points behind with a lot of 'easier' opponents coming up in the new year. If we can beat Fife away, Nott at home and take the next 2 over Xmas against Cov and beat Hull at home (which we are 110% capable of) than we could be top of league in January! The harder of the games will be Fife away IMO.

Back to my point, regardless of the Mychan hand situation (broken or not) we could still do with an extra slot so guys like him can take a rest. After all Steve King has said from day 1 whatever Tood and the guys need they will have. Our owners love hockey and this team and fan base and King himself said he would love to see a banner raised in new arena. We have crept closer so now is the time to make a big statement as opposed to battle along with imports down and really go for it!

bb1

Thread starter #3
Sounds like Mychan will be out for a while. Not good! Time to act fast with so many games coming up

James

Administrator
bb1 said:
Sounds like Mychan will be out for a while. Not good! Time to act fast with so many games coming up
Do we know this for definite? He was standing behind the bench in a suit at the end of the game, would he have not gone to hospital if it was a break ?

bb1

Thread starter #5
Just what's been rumoured on twitter. Don't necessarily have to go to hospital straight away the same night. Doesn't sound good broken or not.

There are guys out there like Ben Eager who are free agents and struggling in their leagues. Not to mention Arron Asham also.

I'm sooo frustrated as I really feel we can win something this year. How good would it be to raise a banner or two in the new arena....and to say we did it playing out of a TENT :D

bb1

Thread starter #7
I've got to say i think he has broken something. The way he threw that punch at Pitt wasn't how you should throw one with a guy who's got a helmet on. Mychans certainly a gamer but not a good fighter

Rempel16

Spoke to him after the game. He said he's getting it checked out today. His knuckle was really swollen and it's the same one that he injured before.

Shame really as his left hand punch to put Pitt down was a beauty. He didn't need to use his right.

Have Hope#35

bb1 said:
I've got to say i think he has broken something. The way he threw that punch at Pitt wasn't how you should throw one with a guy who's got a helmet on. Mychans certainly a gamer but not a good fighter
So was Mychan's right hand not slashed before the fight by Pitt then? I didn't see it, but there was a 'rumour' suggesting that's what caused the injury to his right hand!? Hopefully it's just bruised and swollen!

voth26

bb1 said:
Hind sights great!!! i would assume that Jesse when he's in the thick of a fight the last thing he's thinking is which hand shall i use to punch this guys lights out helmet or not!!!, he's a decent enough fighter so i think you are doing him a disservice to be honest. I wouldnt fancy standing there facing a guy intent on rearranging my face.

Gospel

bb1 said:

Not a good fighter? Really? I think your way off the mark with that one. Jesse's problem is the injury he had earlier this season, as any fighter in any sport will tell you.

An injury like that takes such a long time to heal correctly and it goes again just as easy if you connect in a wrong way.

Jesse's other problem last night was hitting the helmet.

It was only last weekend that people were calling for Jesse to fight then look what happens.

drainage

James said:
bb1 said:
Do we know this for definite? He was standing behind the bench in a suit at the end of the game, would he have not gone to hospital if it was a break ?
Fairly sure he was using phone and drinking coffee too! Like you say if it was serious wouldn't he have gone to get it looked at?

Hoping it's nothing major!

bb1

Thread starter #16
voth26 said:
bb1 said:
Hind sights great!!! i would assume that Jesse when he's in the thick of a fight the last thing he's thinking is which hand shall i use to punch this guys lights out helmet or not!!!, he's a decent enough fighter so i think you are doing him a disservice to be honest. I wouldnt fancy standing there facing a guy intent on rearranging my face.
Im sorry but an out and out fighter does think about which hand to use so that comment is a bit silly if you ask me. Look how good a fighter Westgarth is and also batchy is technically very good. The wild punch he threw was always going to put his hand and wrist in jepordy.

I think youve got the wrong end of the stick here though. I said hes a gamer and will always have a go. Nothing to do with his on ice performance last night before the injury.

The only problem I find is that some ppl on this forum jump on others for a mild criticism about a player. I love and support the Devils and have for a long time but it is ok to be critical and see fault with certain players time to time. I will be suprised if we dont make 4/5 player changes going into new rink. We are all in. It for the same cause. To see our team Champions!

bb1

Thread starter #18
Im sorry and dont want to be argumentative but Batchy is technically one of the best punchers/fighters in league going off the last couple of seasons. He throws straight powerful punches and tucks his chin very well. I have always been big into boxing and martial arts and can see that his dad Kevan who was a good boxer has taught him well. Hes beaten Keefe, Olson and solid t2t draw with Cescon. Hes still young and will keep getting better. Certainly one of the guys id sign up straight away

Koop11

Got to agree with that. Batchy is technically a very good fighter. He certainly more unorthodox than a traditional hockey fighter as he is more boxer in his style but that is to his advantage. His size, balance and punch power make Batchy a very tough opponent. Just ask the heavyweights he has beat/held his own against.

In respect of brining in another import to strengthen our squad, if we have the finances to do it then we should. A part of me agrees that you do not want to unsettle the impressive team that we have but, as we know, there will always be injury cover needed and if it’s an opportunity to improve our league challenge and cup run then it might be a good investment. If Mychan is out for a period of time then now is the ideal time to do this but I think we’ll do well to bring a player over in this side of Christmas.

Koop11 said:
Got to agree with that. Batchy is technically a very good fighter. He certainly more unorthodox than a traditional hockey fighter as he is more boxer in his style but that is to his advantage. His size, balance and punch power make Batchy a very tough opponent. Just ask the heavyweights he has beat/held his own against.

In respect of brining in another import to strengthen our squad, if we have the finances to do it then we should. A part of me agrees that you do not want to unsettle the impressive team that we have but, as we know, there will always be injury cover needed and if it’s an opportunity to improve our league challenge and cup run then it might be a good investment. If Mychan is out for a period of time then now is the ideal time to do this but I think we’ll do well to bring a player over in this side of Christmas.
And Biz has played 2 games of his 8 game tryout with no points and no PIMs, I wonder how many he will play over the holiday season