Max Birbraer

Thread starter #1
Can someone who actually saw the initial incident between Max and Olsen please tell me what actually happened to Max (if already mentioned i apologise but i do not fancy scrolling thru numerous pages). I don't want speculation just the facts please.

Was behind the goals and saw Olson continue from behind Max past him. Didn't see exactly how he hit him but looked to be in the back. Max had his head down but quickly got up and went straight for his head with his stick in both hands.

Wannabe2

He was butt ended by Olson thats what kicked it all off, he was dangerously slashed big time by Olson the night before, and believe me as i have watched all the past games between us Olson has been after Maxi ever since the hit on Domish which was a very hard fair hit at the beginning of the season, how i wish Brad was still with us.

voth26

Wannabe2 said:
He was butt ended by Olson thats what kicked it all off, he was dangerously slashed big time by Olson the night before, and believe me as i have watched all the past games between us Olson has been after Maxi ever since the hit on Domish which was a very hard fair hit at the beginning of the season, how i wish Brad was still with us.
2nd time olsen has butt ended a player this season!!!!

To me it looks like that slash had some real force behind it, like he was intending to hurt Maxi. How can anyone possibly miss that? The fact two other Devils players were looking to the ref and, I could be wrong, be even Olson looked over to check if he got called for it. If he thinks he got called for it, surely he knew it was cutting it close if anything?

How Olson is getting away with so much stuff is beyond me. Call me naive but I am shocked at how this league has been this season so far.

DevilDom

helloimclaire said:
To me it looks like that slash had some real force behind it, like he was intending to hurt Maxi. How can anyone possibly miss that? The fact two other Devils players were looking to the ref and, I could be wrong, be even Olson looked over to check if he got called for it. If he thinks he got called for it, surely he knew it was cutting it close if anything?

How Olson is getting away with so much stuff is beyond me. Call me naive but I am shocked at how this league has been this season so far.
The slash is from the night before in Coventry. The apparent butt end was in Cardiff which Max reacted to.

It is pretty outstanding it was missed with 2 refs on the ice but it was dumb and dumber.