Matthew Myers back to Panthers

Rempel16

Perhaps Myers and his partner wanted to be back in Nottingham in which case we would not have been able to sway him.

Similarly.... He may not have fitted into Lord's plans this season, value for money etc. I have no idea, but it is what it is.

We could ask the same of you regarding Doucet?

100% a value for money move to me! and as good as Myers was, with the extra EU player this year, we could probably afford another top quality import due to the inflated wage demands of british players!

ASHIPP

Does this indicate that another British player could be joining the Devils? Would also suggest to me that our remaining British players are secured.

Whatever the reasons behind this move, I have faith that our coaching team have this one covered.

Thread starter #8
With regard to Doucet, I'm with you and probably 99% of the Panthers fan base on that one, but he's an import and we are all aware of the nature of imports, they're going to move around because that's what they do. Obviously there are exceptions, and we've only had him since the new year. Matthew is a different kettle of fish. He's a Cardiff boy and always said he'd go home. I honestly thought he'd end his career with you guys. I'm not here to troll, just genuinly shocked

DevilDom

A little disappointed with this but have faith in Lord that he has it covered.

Myers is a top end Brit and to me this has all the signals of a value for money move with Lord probably thinking with the extra import we can get better value elsewhere. I really hope he hasn't under estimated Myers contribution though. A tireless worker and leader on the ice with impressive face off stats and the ability to score crucial goals. It was no surprise our dip in form last year coincided with him being injured.

A very interesting day. Great signing in regards to Doucet followed by the very surprising departure of Myers. For me Myers had a very good season last year. Whichever Brit (if it is a Brit) replaces him has got a tough act to follow. Im sure Lordo, Franny and Todd have got it covered though. Look at the side they assembled last year in no time at all.

ASHIPP said:
Does this indicate that another British player could be joining the Devils? Would also suggest to me that our remaining British players are secured.

Whatever the reasons behind this move, I have faith that our coaching team have this one covered.
Lachowic and Dowd Haven't been announced yet. If, as has been said though, this is a value for money move, could it open the door to a return for Ben Davies who would, I assume, be a bit cheaper than Myers?

mazza03 said:
Do we want Ben back? He is quite a selfish player and he didn't set the world on fire up north. ;:|
If we are thinking of going with 4 lines though mazza, it wouldn't be a massive problem. It could also be coached out of him by the right coach. I don't think I ever really saw him look happy in games for the Clan, maybe he didn't settle ?

MDKWeapons said:
Phil Hill to make a return?
No Thanks, Phil was a great servant to the Devils but age is not on his side. I think that's why I'm not overly disappointed with losing Myers to be honest. We are a club on the up and hopefully building for the future. Ben has time on his side, Matthew and Phil don't unfortunately. I echo what jodyisstillagiirlsname said as well, I trust the management/coaching team to come up with as good as, if not better replacements.