Matt Towe Signs for...

Pleximan

Wannabe2 said:
Congrats on a pretty nasty post mate, firstly Towey was with us a few seasons ago as a young lad, and has probably improved as most young people do, and to compare him to the worst player we ever signed in downright rude. Secondly your opinions on Joe is unbelievable and again rude to the extreem, Joe has a very difficult job not getting much ice time, and then expecting to be top dog.
Congrats on a pretty nasty post?? What because you don't agree with it? Just an honest post. I have never felt the insecurity to get too close to the players, so therefore I tend to look at the players in a far more clinical fashion.

Oh Matt Towe has 'probably' improved from when he was with us, and what on earth has being a 'young lad' got to do with it? How old do you thing Josh Batch is? Ben Davies? Adam Harding? All 'young lads' using your definition, but those guys are far better players than Towe who was released by Adams.

Again, my opinion on Myers is nothing but honest, whichever way you look at it, he 'aint good enough and it is patently obvious never will be. I am not expecting him to be 'top dog' as you put it, I just want to see him actually improve and save a few shots.
But as I don't feel the need to buddy myself up to the players as a hanger on pretending to be great mates I look at them purely from a clinical point of view and don't get over sentimental about them when they leave or are gassed.

The emotional types on this forum do get upset very easily when they don't like someone having a different opinion to their own.

Pleximan said:
Wannabe2 said:
Congrats on a pretty nasty post mate, firstly Towey was with us a few seasons ago as a young lad, and has probably improved as most young people do, and to compare him to the worst player we ever signed in downright rude. Secondly your opinions on Joe is unbelievable and again rude to the extreem, Joe has a very difficult job not getting much ice time, and then expecting to be top dog.
Congrats on a pretty nasty post?? What because you don't agree with it? Just an honest post. I have never felt the insecurity to get too close to the players, so therefore I tend to look at the players in a far more clinical fashion.

Oh Matt Towe has 'probably' improved from when he was with us, and what on earth has being a 'young lad' got to do with it? How old do you thing Josh Batch is? Ben Davies? Adam Harding? All 'young lads' using your definition, but those guys are far better players than Towe who was released by Adams.

Again, my opinion on Myers is nothing but honest, whichever way you look at it, he 'aint good enough and it is patently obvious never will be. I am not expecting him to be 'top dog' as you put it, I just want to see him actually improve and save a few shots.
But as I don't feel the need to buddy myself up to the players as a hanger on pretending to be great mates I look at them purely from a clinical point of view and don't get over sentimental about them when they leave or are gassed.

The emotional types on this forum do get upset very easily when they don't like someone having a different opinion to their own.
I think he was referring to comments like " a traffic cone having a better save % than Joe" ??

Pleximan

I think he was referring to comments like " a traffic cone having a better save % than Joe" ??
Yes, but.....a traffic cone probably would have a better save %.......come to think of it, so probably would a box of matches!

Wait for the:
"Your free to go post elsewhere"
"Your free to start up your own forum" comments.

:DWD

Pleximan

BeatBox said:
Wait for the:
I know, it is all very predictable, but amusing too.

osh

Pleximan said:
BeatBox said:
Wait for the:

I know, it is all very predictable, but amusing too.

Everyone is entitled to a view, some make them better than others (sadly you don't) I personally think you could have worded your post better, but then again, I think your previous 41 posts have been pretty abismal to say the least. But that's the beauty of a forum such as this one where we allow free speech.

Pleximan

Chris said:
Several posts deleted, please stop with the nonsense.
Just like the referee who held up the red card to Beckham at France '98, here comes the school teacher. Posts deleted, so not the one before the deleted then? How predictable, I 'm sure detention or expelling is coming. Very laughable :lol:

jimmy snels

iv got to be honest i dont get the towe thing either. im happy to stick with our youngsters over him. its the same with lyle. whats the beef with replacing a pretty average netminder with the best one from the elite era? no brainers for me. lets see how this off season plays out before we worry im pretty excited G might bring some good players in judging from his last twitter post

Thread starter #30
I thought Towie was pretty good when we had him and you can never fault his effort.

Wow, what a disrespectful way of talking about Myers. It isn't a case of being a 'hanger on' it's just a case of having the decency to critique a players perfomance without personally insulting them. :DWD

Pleximan said:
So where's the clinical part then with regard to Myers? Or are you saying that your clinical assessment is nothing more than comparing Myers to a traffic cone? I was expecting you to actually evidence in a constructive way why you think Myers is so bad. Evidence what he does right, and also what do does wrong to support your argument. It would be interesting to compare opinions. That's being clinical in a constructive way, which is far more valid than throwing throw cheap shots into the hat and thinking that people will buy it. :DWD