Matt Myers

Well done Matt, good luck in the States
Well who would have thought that all those years ago this little kid standing on the ridge of the rink at the end of every game waiting for Shannon to come by would make it to the states! Good on you xx

Be interesting to see how his cheap shots and constant bickering go down over there!

He's probably the player that i dislike most in our league, i however wish him luck on his new challenge

ASHIPP

Very good luck to him - he's grabbed a rare opportunity and I hope he does well. :cool: Big scoring loss for the Panthers.
Tait to Nottingham? That's what is being suggested. :?

Wannabe2

Good luck Matt, lets hope a local lad can make it, now that Matt has been prised away from Nottingham, maybe his next stop will be Cardiff, good luck.

Bickering and chirping is all part of the game, same can be said for Phillips in Sheffield.

But take a look at their work rate, face off percentages, PP&Pk rates and any team in this country would take him in a heart beat.

Top player with awesome vision.

Oh, Tait to Italy is where my money is!

Finny

I do find it funny when our fans complain about Jono or Myers always complaining. Didn't we use to have a player called Sacratini who would have a chat with the referee every now and again?

Both are top players and would love to see them back in a Devils jersey at some point.

Wannabe2

Finny said:
I do find it funny when our fans complain about Jono or Myers always complaining. Didn't we use to have a player called Sacratini who would have a chat with the referee every now and again?

Both are top players and would love to see them back in a Devils jersey at some point.
Its the red blood flowing thru there veins, they cant help themselves. Taffys are always like this when they are the wrong side of the bridge, thats why you have to pay to come into Gods country. :lol:

osh

R777GAB said:
Be interesting to see how his cheap shots and constant bickering go down over there!

He's probably the player that i dislike most in our league, i however wish him luck on his new challenge
Cheap shots - don't think so

The player you dislike most in the league ? Your choice obviously but you give no reasons

From my point of view I am delighted to see Matt progress from a very eager and talented kid right through to him going to play across the pond. Lot's of what he has learned would have been through junior devils hockey. I actually always like to see players talking/chipping away/getting in other players faces, it's all part of the game and it means that he is looking out not only for himself, but also his team mates ( and it puts the opposition off as well ) His folks must be well chuffed !! Lovely family.

Chris

Administrator
A big loss for Nottingham
Too right, I didn't think Nottingham looked overly impressive before, and now they've lost a key brit, I can't see them replacing him with anyone of equal standing, unless they can wave enough money at Tait.

With only 1 import left to sign to reach the magical 10, coach Corey better have someone extra special lined up to appease the Panthers fans...

Chris.

osh said:

The player you dislike most in the league ? Your choice obviously but you give no reasons
Cheap shots - I think so.

Every face off...He's a damn fine face off winner, so why the need to fully cross check players in the neck/ face on numerous occassions, completely ignoring the puck? I saw him do that against 3 different teams last season alone, not to mention previous years. Fair enough playing physical in the face off circle to stop the other player winning it cleanly, but his action is pretty dangerous at times. I remember him catching Carlson plum in the face last year. Playoffs? I can't see that going down too well on 3rd/ 4th ECHL lines where the big boys play. Also one of my most disliked players in the league (alongside Voth :lol:). Part of me hopes he's fodder for the enforcers! :twisted:

I'm also glad it's potentially put Panthers up a creek without a paddle. I remember Neilson saying he wouldn't go after players from other Elite League teams....wonder if that'll change now with Tait!

TheStub

My money is on Sydney Crosby :lol:

In all fairness to Matt, his style always fitted with the Panties style. This season, they have seemed less dirty to me - and he seemed to be playing less dirty. A few of my mates commented on it as well.

I wouldn't judge him for it, you play the style the coach is pushing or you get benched.

I wouldn't have been upset to see him (or Philips) back in a Devils jersey. I think they would fall in line and play the style we play without problems.

Gazza272

osh said:
R777GAB said:

Must be watching a different matt myers to me last season! as already mentioned always went from the cross check on the face off, and joined the Panthers 'slashing' club last season where every game they seemed to try and break the world record for who could slash the most out of the opposition.

Technically gifted player but that nasty streak left a bit of a bad taste of him to me. Still i hope going to the ECHL makes him reach his potential, as i always get the feeling that he has that much more left him, especially in the goal scoring department.

Myers was definately capable of the cheap shot, but didn't back it up with his fists against the Devils anyway. (The main reason I think the instigator rule as it stands is B*ll*x.) That was the only down-side for me though.

On the other hand, for mine he was the heartbeat of the Panthers team and not Bruce Richardson (at least against the Devils) and will be a huge loss to them and of big value to his new team in the ECHL.

I also believe that he only turned professional part-way through last season (I think he only trained once or twice a week), which may explain why you feel he hasn't reached his potential Gazza.

Best of luck to him in the ECHL, fantastic to have a Welsh player making his way in North America. Have we had any Welsh players make it at this level and beyond in the modern era?