Matt Burge Interview

J.B said:
It will be interesting to see how the team adapt to the new expectation of winning trophies.

Being a Chelsea fan, I remember when Roman came in. He gave the team one season to settle in and after that he demanded a league championship in return for his large investment. I imagine that Mr Burge will be looking for a similar return after using his money to cherry-pick 2 of the best British players in the league. It is like the Cardiff Chequebooks all over again :roll:

And the Cassidy group haven't tried buying the league for how long?

The best thing to come out of Coventry is Warwickshire, leaving Chaventry in the West Midlands.

The last statement might feel obscure but to a Chav (suburb of Birmingham) it means a lot. :lol:

ASHIPP

J.B said:
Isn't that what I just said ? :roll: You have had big investment in the team to try and buy the league so now there is more pressure to stop the talking about how you are still a big team and do the business on the ice ?

As Finny correctly pointed out, 2nd season in the EIHL for the Blaze when it was still the "big 3" and we shocked everyone to win the grand slam. I don't see why the Devils can't do the same, in particular with the money Mr Burge is throwing at the team.
J.B., J.B., J.B.- you just don't get it do you? You seem to think that Matt Burge is on a personal crusade investing all his money into something that's his little 'pet hobby'! :roll:
Matt has constantly stated that the Devils' organisation will be run as a business - and, over a 3 year plan, a self-financing business.
His plans are ALREADY ahead of schedule as a majority of the off-ice activity, sponsorship, marketing and administration systems are reaping rewards for the Club...with plenty more in place for next season offering a superb brand and more value for money for fans. :D
A simple fact in business, you have to invest initially to reap reward. As for 'throwing money' and 'chequebooks', you better take a look at the Blaze own recruitment drive. How much do you think it cost for Hirsch and (rumoured) Chambers? :roll:

bubbles said:
Tried? You mean successfully bought back to back championships :roll:

That is the problem, if you try and buy the league and fail ... then you look stupid.

But no pressure on you Gerad. I'm sure Mr Burge will give you plenty of time and not demand immeadiate success like most millionaire sports club owners do :twisted:

ASHIPP

J.B said:
bubbles said:

That is the problem, if you try and buy the league and fail ... then you look stupid.

But no pressure on you Gerad. I'm sure Mr Burge will give you plenty of time and not demand immeadiate success like most millionaire sports club owners do :twisted:
And saying and thinking your team is going to win the league and failing makes you look even more stupid :lol:

J.B said:
bubbles said:

Eh??????
So you're saying we shouldn't spend what Chaventry or any of the other big 4 teams are spending in case we don't win the league????? what the.............???
Lets get this straight, we will be spending the same not more than the "big 4" next season.
FWIW I think Adams is already under significant pressure to deliver this season. He's been in the job for 2 1/2 years and needs to take us forward this season. He's got the same budget as other teams next season so there should be no excuses. I don't think its a case of Matt Burge demanding immediate success.

wildthing74

Don't know why everybody is getting riled by this J.B character?I learned early on to totally skip past his posts.It's a forum for Devils fans so who gives a stuff what a chav thinks?In our part of the world,we all know another meaning for the initials JB and I hold him/them in the same regard.

wildthing74 said:
we all know another meaning for the initials JB and I hold him/them in the same regard.
I consider myself a man of the world but I can't possibly imagine what that could stand for? John Barrowman? Jam Butties? Jungle Bob? :shock: :mrgreen:

wildthing74

Iceraider said:
wildthing74 said:
we all know another meaning for the initials JB and I hold him/them in the same regard.
I consider myself a man of the world but I can't possibly imagine what that could stand for? John Barrowman? Jam Butties? Jungle Bob? :shock: :mrgreen:
I'll give you a clue.Go west young man!

Just ignore JB they quite cleary do not have a jar a glue what they are talking about and talks rubbish, If they kicks out of this then so be it, im just thrilled to see the Devils Organisation go forward and really look forward to next season all ready,

G will do what needs to be done and he does not need reminding of what that is, Bring on the Top 3 finish :) (at the very least)

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Just ignore JB they quite cleary do not have a jar a glue what they are talking about and talks rubbish, If they kicks out of this then so be it, im just thrilled to see the Devils Organisation go forward and really look forward to next season all ready,

G will do what needs to be done and he does not need reminding of what that is, Bring on the Top 3 finish :) (at the very least)
Is there an ignore user facility on this forum? :idea: What a troll!

Ugly Betty said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:

Is there an ignore user facility on this forum? :idea: What a troll!
Go on profile and 'add foe' ;)

Finny

Iceraider said:
wildthing74 said:
They have 6 digits on each hand, and come from the land of the Caravan Site.