Massive win for the squeelers

kettdevil1

In other games....

Nottingham were squashed 7-2 in Belfast and there are very strong rumours coming out that Galbraith (who dressed but did not ice tonight) and McDonald are on their way....

Braehead beat the Vipers

Chris

Administrator
If Scott Neil is still in charge of the Capitals next season, I really hope the league don't accept them.

If most/all the teams are going to get results like that it's going to harm attendances for everyone else. One of the Steelers fans estimated the crowd up there to be no more than 2500-3000, granted Wednesdays game may have affected that, but there's surely only so many scores like that fans will accept before it becomes tedious and simply not worth the money?

It sucks for the fans of the Capitals, but Scott Neil refused the leagues help, I don't want them dragging us down as well...

Chris.

TheStub

Caps need to take action this week or it is game over for them. No one will go watch them, home or away.

I'm already thinking of getting the cash back offer for the remaining Caps games.

kettdevil1

TheStub said:
Caps need to take action this week or it is game over for them. No one will go watch them, home or away.

I'm already thinking of getting the cash back offer for the remaining Caps games.
Agreed, the odd blowout happens but unless action is taken this will happen again and again.

I fully expect Myers will start in nets for our games against them and hopefully a few of the ENL guys will get a call up. Good experience for them but not likely to lead to a great spectacle...

Honestly I think its a disgrace, didnt the caps have 3 imports tonight? 18-1 scoreline? Who does that help and setting all these new records against an EPL side. Bit of a turn around when they got walloped 7-1, hate to see this happen.

TheStub

Re: Re: Massive win for the squeelers

philuk20 said:
Honestly I think its a disgrace, didnt the caps have 3 imports tonight? 18-1 scoreline? Who does that help and setting all these new records against an EPL side. Bit of a turn around when they got walloped 7-1, hate to see this happen.
Most that team isn't EPL standard. They are calling on the SNL team, and if there was any talent that could be developed there it is being well and truly beaten out of them.

This has got to be the end now... SN can't keep icing this farce of a team. At least Vipers have been making a go of it.

Time for the league to forcibly ejected the Caps I think.

DevilDom

Re: Re: Massive win for the squeelers

TheStub said:
Time for the league to forcibly ejected the Caps I think.
Perhaps that is what SN wants. Don't the teams have to pay a bond at the start of the season to prove their financial viability? I think £10k but maybe more.

If he pulls the Caps out then he'd lose it but if the league eject them then maybe he'd get it back. I know it's not huge money but it seems he is already looking to next season.

Could the league charge him with bringing the game into disrepute? Results like this are no good for anyone and make the league farcical but I also think the steelers should have shown a bit of compassion for the players on the Caps team. Once in double figures they could have taken their foot of the gas a bit.

im all for big wins to bounce back from a hammering but 18 goals.... now thats rather ott, as a team who can be dominant you would think after 7 or 8 to hang back and work on things defensively and an 8 goal hammering is respectful 18 well thats just embarrassing the other team, really feel for the caps :(

wildthing74

Sheffield were a disgrace rattling up 18.If the other team aren't interested then game on and fill your boots but under the circumstances with them being down to 3 imports and a load of kids that was OTT.
By all means go and get a decent win but that is showing no respect for fellow players and I would be equally disgusted if we did it to them.
A lot of this if not all has been brought on by Scott Neil pig headedness in not allowing the league to help but the remaining Caps players did not deserve that.
This kind of scoreline makes the league look a joke and can't see how fans would want to pay to watch that.If thats what can be expected I can't blame them.

E.D.S.

Seriously beating someone 18-1 in their own barn is not right. Is it? Poor, poor show. I'm all for "you can only beat what's put in front of you" but surely the game is over when the score reaches 10 (or even 7!!)! Not good for the league in my opinion and we all have a responsibility to maintain it. I'm sure the good folk up north will say they are bouncing back in a clinical way after having their backsides handed to them but 10-1, 12-1, 15-1 it's all the same but 18 -1, there is simply no need .
However.....if you have the callous heart to score 18 goals past them in their own rink then how funny is it that you don't get a shut out??!! How on earth can you beat someone 18-1 and not get a shut out! Rubbish D!

E.D.S.

DevilDom said:
The game was in Sheffield, but I agree with you both. It's not good for the league and a bit callous by Shuff to do that.
Apologies for the oversight and thank you DevilDom. Agree though it's stilll not right.

Russky

Can we play Edinburgh as our next four games to make sure we get that winning streak world record? :lol:

The word 'backlash' comes to mind, after our thrashing of the Squeelers in the house of foil last wednesday!

I feel sorry for the Caps Netminder, I bet he wont get much sleep tonight! ;)

Chris said:
If Scott Neil is still in charge of the Capitals next season, I really hope the league don't accept them.

If most/all the teams are going to get results like that it's going to harm attendances for everyone else. One of the Steelers fans estimated the crowd up there to be no more than 2500-3000, granted Wednesdays game may have affected that, but there's surely only so many scores like that fans will accept before it becomes tedious and simply not worth the money?

It sucks for the fans of the Capitals, but Scott Neil refused the leagues help, I don't want them dragging us down as well...

Chris.
I was talking to my mate who is a caps fan and Neil has decline two other offers of a buy out. Is this guy an idiot or what? If it's one thing I hate it's blind ignorance to a situation! I hate hearing this about the caps and i finding really annoying! Fans pay their money for their season tickets and this is how they get repaid by the owner, it's a joke! My mate said the reason the caps have 3 imports is because they permanently live in the city! Something has to be done for the sake of the caps and their fans!

Gazza272

DevilDom said:
The game was in Sheffield, but I agree with you both. It's not good for the league and a bit callous by Shuff to do that.

Not Sheffields fault really. As a team you cant turn form on and off. If you let up in one game it could sneak into the next. Panthers have been guilty of this over the years when they have been racking up scores. They take the foot off the gas to save themeslves for the next game and end up not starting with enough tempo and get caught out.

Really sad for the caps fans but I wouldnt begrudge any team doing what they had to do for themselves at this stage of the season.

Plus the steelers needed to up their goal difference after Wednesday ;)

Not the steelers fault they only took 46 shots and apparently didnt get out of first gear the only only people/person to blame are the edinburgh capitals organisation/scott neil!

TheStub

Just been reading the Caps forum. The fans are spitting feathers, but mainly for the lack of PR.

Most the player departures haven't actually been announced, they just not been on the ice. In the past I've had some sympathy for Scott, being a small club trying to build a fan base. But the mess they seem to be in can't surely be blamed on anyone but the club. I have my issues with the EIHL structures, but Cov and ourselves seem to show you can make a go of it.

Hell, even Hull have turned a bit of a corner this season with crowds well up. I can't see Blaze pumping money into a black hole centered on North Humber, so can only summise that they are either around break even or will be close to it.

Capitals are based in one of the biggest cities in the league, with the most hockey savvy population and two close local rivals. This should have been the year they took a step forward. Looks like egos have prevented that from happening.

N P

Complete disrespect from the Steelers, scoring 6 goals in each period.. I wouldn't expect anything less from them though..

As for the Panthers, I think Jade & Corey will stay for the season, but won't return next season. McDonald will be seen as the full guy, and be given his 2 weeks notice.

Last night Panthers netminder Kowalski skated off midway through the 2nd period with the score at 5-1 to Belfast. Reason being lack of "net protection" from his "team mates". He went straight to the dressing room and took out his frustrations out on the locker room I heard.