Mask wearing/drunks in your block at IAW

Kevlar68

Thread starter #41
The police really shouldn't be needed for this sort of situation.
In all fairness the IAW employ security, if this security firm aren't up to the job to keep the peace of supporters perhaps a new firm should be approached after all they only have to approach loud abusive supporters, give them one and only one warning then if found being abusive again out they go, they had the warning so only themselves to blame.
If your straight talking "This is your one and only warning, calm down, stop swearing or next time you go straight out" more often than not it works, if they abuse the security while they are given the warning then straight out they go.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Maybe its how I interpreted then but "That's what happens when you prioritise bar sales instead of looking after your regulars though. " sounds like the Devils management were being blamed, hence my defence of them.
What we're seeing is what happens when bar sales are prioritised. Our match night experience can't be the priority otherwise this behaviour would be stamped out and we're just not seeing that. I read an interesting article this week by John Taylor, the legendary Welsh flanker of the 70’s era - who left the last Wales game at half time because he couldn’t tolerate the anti social drunken behaviour all around him in the stadium. When he mentioned it to one of the committee men, their response was “yes, but we sell 70,000 pints on a match day”. That just sums it up. What’s the difference at IAW right now (apart from scale!)?

Wannabe2

Let’s not be too judgmental to our club at the moment, this problem has only reared its ugly head recently, let’s see what the action taken
are from our club. I as many others sell our club as a family orientated club, I tell them curse and swear and your out, our club won’t have it let’s hope I ain’t selling fibs.

august04 2.0

I’m not knocking our management, needs must and I get that totally. And nobody is forcing me to go to matches either, so I may be in the minority who dislikes what's going on now. But as I said, this is not new even though we plumbed to new depths in terms of anti social behaviour on the weekend. Devils management do the vast majority of things correctly and treat people in the right way. I’m sure they will act on this too now that it has been raised. This is a difficult one though.

hip check

Ge
But I thought that the point of the Saturday games was making it easier for kids to attend without them having to be up for school the next day. It seems to me we've swapped one reason for them not being able to attend for another.

If the stewards can't handle the situation, a quick call to plod and have the culprits spend a night in the cells to sleep it off.
Getting the police involved would certainly be detrimental to a family or hockey loving buffs enjoying their evening, it's a difficult situation to police as no action is spoiling people's pleasure whereas police intervention would also make it an unpleasant evening for the normal fans like ourselves, what's the answer? who knows.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #51
Totally agree it has no relevance to today but I did approach them so who knows, if I had left Greece then and been taken on at IAW I may have still been there now and I run my bars with strict drink policies to stop idiots taking over.
Ah well, Greece it was. :)

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Totally agree it has no relevance to today but I did approach them so who knows, if I had left Greece then and been taken on at IAW I may have still been there now and I run my bars with strict drink policies to stop idiots taking over.
Ah well, Greece it was. :)
No disrespect but running a bar with 40/50 people in a holiday venue where people are trying to enjoy themselves, to running a bar with maybe 10/15 times that amount at a sporting venue is a little bit different.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #54
I've run the WNIR bars, I've managed 1000 capacity bars in city centre, managed the Guinness village at the cheltenham gold cup, I've managed millennium stadium bars (16 bars 160 staff, 72,000 spectators) , I can go on, bar in Greece was my own business. I've worked with security and stewards so I think I know the game, no disrespect. ;)

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Fair comment brother, and you obviously have the tee shirt, and I don’t mean to be disrespectful to you, and why would I, you are one of life’s good guys in so many ways and your posts are always so respectful. Think I just dropped a bollock as I do now and again, so people forget that shit post earlier beer talk at its worse. Back on track now thankfully Kev please accept my apologies, as you must know I can be a dick sometimes, well maybe more than a few times but your posts are always spot on.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #56
Glynn I didn't take it as a dig or slight I know your not like that at all and no need for any explanation or apology, it's all good.
LETS GET DRUNK :D

Mazzoak

All that needs to be done is identify the persons by their seat location, should be easy thanks to track and trace. Get the persons details, E Mail them telling them that their no longer welcome and will not be issued a ticket in future. If they then get a “friend“ to purchase a ticket, attend a game again and play up, ban them again and their “friend”. If their corporate, cut ties. Simples, if the desire to clean up is there.

TL91

I don’t get how people say that the bar sales are prioritised over fans? Nothing has changed to before covid? The bars are all open as they were before.