Mask wearing/drunks in your block at IAW

Wannabe2

It’s the change in days without any shadow of a doubt whatsoever, it’s as plain as the nose on your face. People in general don’t get pissed on a Sunday with work the next day, or taking kids to school and having to drive. It’s now either idiots coming straight from the football already pissed up, or arseholes using the watering hole at the IAW to get bollocked before heading into town, It’s got jack shit all to do with watching hockey, and everyone else has to suffer for it,try getting into a game when idiots around you are swearing and taking the piss out of the same rules decent people are adhering too.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #202
So......the conclusion after last night's game (not the game itself as this thread isn't about the game) is that from what I saw mask wearing rules were adhered to by almost all in arena and bar area, no drunken assholes from what I saw, no make up caked ladies on a Saturday night out after hockey afraid to ruin make up with a mask and massively better all round than a Saturday night.
More true hockey fans and a brilliant announcement from Todd about masks before game faced off.
Ditch Saturdays bring back Sundays.

Last edited:
So......the conclusion after last night's game (not the game itself as this thread isn't about the game) is that from I saw mask wearing rules were adhered to by almost all in arena and bar area, no drunken assholes from what I saw, no make up caked ladies afraid to ruin make up with a mask and massively better all round than a Saturday night.
More true hockey fans and a brilliant announcement from Todd about masks before game faced off.
Ditch Saturdays bring back Sundays.
Agreed! A lot better than Saturday night games. There was the odd few people without masks on but once they got told by security to wear masks then they chucked them on.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #207
Well without the masks there would be no results at all as arena would get shut down and the Stars game thread is getting plenty of attention about result. ;)

E.D.S.

Still having issues with the corporates though. Smashed again and swearing all the way through. Just a pointless exercise asking the club for support here. What is a young steward going to do about it? Escalate it to security straight away? Then you have to spend the rest of the game sat in front of the same group of guys that you've complained about - who are still drunk and still swearing but this time they are annoyed at you. It's entirely uncomfortable and makes for a poor experience. Not enough is done.

I agree it was an improvement on Saturday games but still a few using their masks as chin warmers. I did notice a steward regularly come and ask people to put their masks on so a marked improvement on policing than I have seen in previous games.

However, I still ended up having to sit through the third period wearing someone’s pint of cider…

jimmy snels

I agree it was an improvement on Saturday games but still a few using their masks as chin warmers. I did notice a steward regularly come and ask people to put their masks on so a marked improvement on policing than I have seen in previous games.

However, I still ended up having to sit through the third period wearing someone’s pint of cider…

Had one land on me last week. So annoying so you have my sympathy

Kevlar68

Thread starter #215
That's annoying when someone drops it over you/behind you.
I think that you can see a difference in the crowd when the Saturday night out brigade aren't there. I didn't feel like i was on non-mask watch all night and could watch the game without being on edge getting angry at the dickheads who couldn't give a toss about the hockey.
Even before, 2 period breaks and after game the bar had a calm vib about it NOT loud brash drunk assholes.

Sheincar

BTW speaking to a steward at the end of the game, yellow lanyards were given to those who claimed to be exempt. Club has told stewards/security not to throw out people who have refused to wear a mask.