Mark Smith

Thread starter #1
Noticed last weekend that Mark Smith was stood in the main entrance and appeared to be working on the VIP desk and giving out tickets etc, also he appeared to be wearing a suit and tie similar to Franny and Jamie Elson. Was just wondering if anyone knows his role within the club, if any? Mark was obviously a great 'D' man for the club and was wondering if there was more to this than meets the eye, Is he just helping out or is there a possibility of him playing for us again?

Wagstaff

I definitely thought he would have been on our returnees list along with Craig Cescon but it seems we wanted to upgrade!
Seems I was wrong on both the return and the upgrade!
Mr Reliable and a really nice guy too I'd like to see mark back in the league in whatever colour of shirt, a good, no nonsense, solid D man.

Wannabe2

Wagstaff said:
I definitely thought he would have been on our returnees list along with Craig Cescon but it seems we wanted to upgrade!
Mr Reliable and a really nice guy too I'd like to see mark back in the league in whatever colour of shirt, a good, no nonsense, solid D man.
It's crazy that such a talent is no longer playing, much too good to be retired.

He could be back training with the team shortly which is brilliant for him. He left the devils because Ragan let him down badly on numerous occasions and he had to provide for his family and got an offer too good to refuse from the Blaze early doors to play for them. He was gutted that he missed out playing for this organisation last year as it all happened after he had signed elsewhere.

kettdevil1

Wannabe2 said:
Wagstaff said:
It's crazy that such a talent is no longer playing, much too good to be retired.
Yep, agree..... Was very surprised that Cescon didn't return either. Tough D Man who looked pretty solid whenever I saw him.