Mark smith not icing this weekend!

Skippy

Rather see them both rested until back to full strength.

Fife only ice seven imports and their goalie looks to still be injured. So hopefully resting mark and Scott tonight might not be a huge issue.

So I guess we will be calling up Harding and Piggott again. Its great that we have this extra depth...they've both performed very well at EIHL level so far (IMO).

Skippy

Re: Re: Mark smith not icing this weekend!

shoes_off said:
So I guess we will be calling up Harding and Piggott again. Its great that we have this extra depth...they've both performed very well at EIHL level so far (IMO).
Hope so although the ENL have a big game tonight so they might not have gone up ?

Anyone know ?

ASHIPP

Let's hope Mark and Scott are ok and that they can recover well after rest this weekend. Another chance hopefully for the appearance of Luke and Adam this weekend - their energy and input has been exciting and valuable so far. Defence be under more pressure with Smithy missing, though.

Re: Re: Mark smith not icing this weekend!

skippy said:
shoes_off said:
Hope so although the ENL have a big game tonight so they might not have gone up ?

Anyone know ?
I hope they would go up. No offence to the ENL team but the Elite team should always take precedent.

Finny

Any news on whether Mark will be back this weekend?

I thought we missed him massively at home to Sheffield. Not just because of his constant workrate and being a major pain in the butt for the opposition forwards, but also it meant we had to rotate all the lines which caused a few issues from what I could see.

Finny

How many imports will that leave you with?
(Lost track of who is fit, who is injured, who has been brought in as cover etc)

Wannabe2 said:
Christiansen likes to play mind games, expect Giants to have a full compliment of imports.

Um no we dont Pelle, Rebek and Mcbride out, Awada and Crane in still leaves us one short.

(pelle back next week Rebek mid November, Mcbride day to day but wont travel this weekend)

ASHIPP

It seems to be irrelevant which combination of imports the Giants put out on the ice....they are winning just about every game, top of the league, comfortably top of their CC group. Their injured players, when fit, will be almost surplus to requirements. ;) :lol:

The return of Mark for this weekend would be a massive lift for the Devils, and the fans. He certainly was missed last weekend. :(