Mark Richardson Signs for Devils

A

Anonymous

Nice one ! This team is shaping up rather nicely, I'm looking forward to this season already. :)

Gaz G

This team sure is shaping up well. Im not being pessamistic at all here but im not going to get carried away. We still have a few key signings to make. On the whole so far though. Excellent

Finny said:
Can you imagine having to face that 3rd line as an oppposition player. You've been smashed around the ice by Voth, Hill, Prpich etc. You ask your coach for a 'rest' by playing against the 3rd line, only to see Adams and Campbell speeding towards you! :lol:
Exactly, 2 very high intensity lines. Yet all capable of getting points . . .

You know something good is happening when people start talking about the 2nd and 3rd line with excitement. The advantage we will have this season is that we've got a large core of the team back whilst also having a group of young hungry brits.

Even more impressive is that we've got Richardson, an apparent fan favourite of a 'big 4' team. If Lyle is to sign, thats another 'Big 4' team player. Then add to that we've contained our big players who had attracted attention from European teams and 'Big 4' (according to rumours).

James

Administrator
We are getting spoilt for signing news here. I'll feel quite let down if a new day doesnt bring a new signing :)

Very pleased to have Mark back. He can bring his brother with him if he wants.

Foxy

Does Lee still play?

Wonder if we can persuade Myers to go to the ECHL via Cardiff or is that being plain greedy. :lol:

Chris

Administrator
The best is yet come if what ive been told is true, everything i was told has so far happened. Wannabe do you still think my friend is "off his face" ????
But you didn't actually reveal anything...
I was speaking to somebody last night and we are close to agreeing terms with a few players.
The players we are in talks with are QUALITY guys who will tear teams apart!!! I cant say any names because they havent signed yet, we are in for a treat if they do sign ill say that much!!!
That's like me saying I knew all these player signings were going to come true, but i'm not going to tell you who told me or when or where. But I definately knew they were going to happen...

Chris.

Wannabe2

Chris Stone said:
The best is yet come if what ive been told is true, everything i was told has so far happened. Wannabe do you still think my friend is "off his face" ????
But you didn't actually reveal anything...
I was speaking to somebody last night and we are close to agreeing terms with a few players.
The players we are in talks with are QUALITY guys who will tear teams apart!!! I cant say any names because they havent signed yet, we are in for a treat if they do sign ill say that much!!!
That's like me saying I knew all these player signings were going to come true, but i'm not going to tell you who told me or when or where. But I definately knew they were going to happen...

Chris.
There we are i8sheffield, my reply already posted for me, thanks Chris my thoughts in a nutshell.
Great signing Gerad, always liked Mark, and can now get his Devils shirt out of the wardrobe, welcome home Mark, another player who appreciates the city, the fans, and the team.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Thats right Chris, no need to tell everybody before a press release....... Its alot better seeing everybodys anticipation/suspense, and i was asked not to say anything untill they were confirmed signed!!!!

Yep, i was very excited about the players we were in talks with so thought id share my excitement. Obviously theres always 1 person who comes back with stupid comments....... I think everybody else took it as it was intended, apart from a few. I would love to shout out the names who we are trying to sign but out of respect of that person asking me not to, i didnt.

Coming back with a comment like "your mate is off his face" quite pathetic really.

Ih8Sheffield said:
Yep, i was very excited about the players we were in talks with so thought id share my excitement. Obviously theres always 1 person who comes back with stupid comments....... I think everybody else took it as it was intended, apart from a few. I would love to shout out the names who we are trying to sign but out of respect of that person asking me not to, i didnt.

Coming back with a comment like "your mate is off his face" quite pathetic really.
but there is others ways to show you excitment without looking to daft though. you could have made a post about how excited you are for the up coming season and the new players we get, without having to state you knew who they were but you can not give names,

im not saying that you dont know or have not been told but i would just not state that you know and cant give names because anyone could actually say this, but i am not saying that you did not know but saying it would be best not to state it unless you were able to give names :)

just one for the future no harm meant from it

I know ha ha. I didnt actually say that though, it started off by saying i was very impressed with the calibre of players we were trying to recruit and a few of them most certainly have the potential to tear teams apart.

Only 1 person came back with an arsey reply, quite surprised by who it was aswell i must say.

The inferno is becoming a forum for bitches i swear

Finny

*sigh*

2 and a half pages of joy before the usual arguing returns.

Ih8sheffield - if you want you can PM me who you have been told we are to sign. When we do then sign them, I can confirm to the rest of the forum you were right. I'm not entirely sure what that will achieve - or whether it is any different to what some of us already know - but hopefully it will solve the argument.

Finny said:
Ih8sheffield - if you want you can PM me who you have been told we are to sign. When we do then sign them, I can confirm to the rest of the forum you were right. I'm not entirely sure what that will achieve - or whether it is any different to what some of us already know - but hopefully it will solve the argument.
What a great idea Finny, problem solved.
Back on subject, this really is a great signing for the Devils. Mark is an exceptonal player and still so young. When a Coventry fan who has seen him play defence, rates him as the next Weaver then that says it all :D