Mark Richardson Signs for Devils

Chris

Administrator
That's one heck of a postitive press release.

Fantastic signing though, about time we started taking players from the 'big 4' :D

Welcome back Mark...

Chris.

welcome back mark, I think there is a good reason were getting all these signings early and its because G has a great plan in store and everyone wants a part of it :D

Finny

Now I've had time to calm down a bit....

This is an absolutely fantastic signing for us. Since turning to a defenceman, Richardson has been gettin rave reviews from everyone. He was a fantastic forward but never seemed to score the goals he should. The defensive side of his game was great though, and now as a offensive defenceman he should hopefully fulfil his full potential.

And it's going to be with us. This signing not only gives us a lot of flexibility in our defence, but is a signal of intent of where we want to compete this season.

I was hoping for this signing since the end of the season, though it was more wishful thinking than anything else. However, with Adams re-signing yesterday it made even more sense - and boy am I glad we have.

If we were able to re-sign Teplitsky and Stone, I would be very happy with that as a defensive line-up with Hartwick and Jarvis already staying. Perhaps try and bring Symonds back to as a 6th defenceman (or maybe an ENL guy?), and we always have Adams who can drop back onto defence if needed.

In case you can't tell, I'm really really pleased with this signing and starting to feel very excited about the upcoming season. :D

Rempel16

Massive signing! The guy has bags of potential at forward, and arguably more so at D. I am looking forward to seeing him fulfil it in Devils colours.

ASHIPP

Finny said:

This is an absolutely fantastic signing for us. Since turning to a defenceman, Richardson has been gettin rave reviews from everyone. He was a fantastic forward but never seemed to score the goals he should. The defensive side of his game was great though, and now as a offensive defenceman he should hopefully fulfil his full potential.

And it's going to be with us. This signing not only gives us a lot of flexibility in our defence, but is a signal of intent of where we want to compete this season.

I was hoping for this signing since the end of the season, though it was more wishful thinking than anything else. However, with Adams re-signing yesterday it made even more sense - and boy am I glad we have.

If we were able to re-sign Teplitsky and Stone, I would be very happy with that as a defensive line-up with Hartwick and Jarvis already staying. Perhaps try and bring Symonds back to as a 6th defenceman (or maybe an ENL guy?), and we always have Adams who can drop back onto defence if needed.

In case you can't tell, I'm really really pleased with this signing and starting to feel very excited about the upcoming season. :D
Finny - nail, head, hit! One key word in your post - FLEXIBILITY. Like you say, imagine Tyson re-signed as well. :shock: Two offensive defencemen is a dream come true! Hopefully Mark will thrive on the challenge of breaking the top 4 and wanting to win something next season with a developing team. AND he's a Brit as well! It just gets better and better...... :D

Finny said:

Perfect post Finny,

The thing is now, if Lyle does sign and Stoney is 5th D-man with Richardson 4th and Tyson the other import D-man. We will have alot of import slots left!

As expected we'll have 2 other imports on 1st line and still have a slot left to maybe put one on 3rd line with Adams and Towe, as assume Hill will re-sign.

A third line of Adams - Towe - D.Campbell, this would be an incredible 3rd line. Then maybe have Davies and another ENL guy on the bench to slot in at times.

Excellent signing! A player with good skill who has excellent game awareness. He's also capable of carrying the puck into the offensive zone from D.

I believe Richardson also played the point on Nottingham's second powerplay unit so that's another string to his bow. :D

Finny

R777GAB said:
A third line of Adams - Towe - D.Campbell, this would be an incredible 3rd line. Then maybe have Davies and another ENL guy on the bench to slot in at times.
Can you imagine having to face that 3rd line as an oppposition player. You've been smashed around the ice by Voth, Hill, Prpich etc. You ask your coach for a 'rest' by playing against the 3rd line, only to see Adams and Campbell speeding towards you! :lol: