Mac Carruth

august04 2.0

Lots of rumours about him being difficult in the dressing room last year, but those players must surely know that they only won a trophy last year because of Carruth. Without him, we wouldn’t have won anything last year, that’s absolutely certain. I hope he continues to do well in Denmark and I’d like to see him back in a Devils uniform too one day.

jenks33

Well for a start I heard Kozun and Mcnally couldn’t stand him. And a few other players didn’t fancy coming back if Carruth and Skalde were returning. I also remember a tweet from a North American hockey journalist that said he was a cancer in the dressing room during his days in North America. If he was popular with his Devils teammates he would have returned. Carruth pretty much admitted on wally’s podcast that he wanted to come back but the club decided against it.

I’d go as far as to say Mac Carruth is the best goalie I’ve seen in my time supporting the Devils but I find it baffling that some fans think it’s ok for players to be unpopular in the dressing room as long as they’re doing the business on the ice. Team spirit is so, so vital. What kind of message does it send to current players (and players we want to sign in the future) if we’re an organisation that are happy to keep an arsehole just because he’s good?! That’s not the culture Todd and the owners have created here. It’s easy for fans to say “I’d happily have him back” when they didn’t have to spend 8 months of the year with the guy.