Lyle signs 3 year Devils deal

Wow! We had heard the multi year deal rumours, but three years! Been trying to remember if we had ever offered another player such a deal. Ok its optional for both sides, but still a very long time in hockey.

Welcome back Stevie.

I really like the idea of Lyle and Richardson coming in and adding Brits to our defensive line up. We now have a team with so many options, including a 6 man defence or a whole lot of extra forward strength. I cant wait to see how it develops.

Ocko

What is actually said in the youtube video and who posted it? I cant access youtube from my computer, if somone could help me please!!

Its from WalesOnline and its Terry Phillips speaking to Stevie Lyle. Its a few minutes and I can't be bothered to write it all out sorry but briefly, he just says he's spoken to G, happy with where the club are going and wants to be part of it, its always hard to come back and play against Cardiff because he's from here and played for us when he was 14 in Europe, wants to win trophies - the Devils have been close the past few years and have a good few core guys coming back so should be close to breaking the top 4 - excited about next season, he's a British goalie so we get the extra import and thats about it really.

Top news if you ask me, regardless of what some people think lyle is a good netminder, hes helped belfast win trophies and i think he can do the same for us. Its always good to have as many welsh guys on the team as possible
Welcome home Lyle!

Welcome home Stevie.

More than a bit surprised by the length of contract. Hope people give him a chance. Had a very offensive d in front of him in Belfast last year. With a more solid D here next year (hopefully), could be a good signing. At the end of the day we had to upgrade our brit contingent from last year and this signing along with that of Richardson had gone some way towards that.

Wonder if we will end up with 6 import forwards and 4 import D or 7 import forwards and 3 import D :idea:

3 year contract? see what he is like after a season, if he don't fit the bill find someone else. You might think i'm being negative but he left us before for bigger things, why should we welcome him back with open arms now, not for me i'm afraid, but thats my opinion.

yeah but dont forget other goalies have left us for bigger things and then come back. Aubry to germany. Granted he did half a season in newcastle before he got injured, then went to germany then back to the echl before then going back to germany then coming back to us.

Phil osear left us to go to norway, so if phil were to come back in the future, im guessing you would have this negative attitude towards him too?

Just give the poor guy a chance.

Dai Vader said:
3 year contract? see what he is like after a season, if he don't fit the bill find someone else.
Had to chuckle when they announced he signed a 3 year contract ... good to see him making a long term commitment to the club and showing a bit of loyalty... hang on, what was that ? He also signed a 2 year contract with Belfast last season which he/the club have broken :lol:

I can see why this signing makes sense for the Devils as you lack a geniune British "star" but personally I would have thought your best chance of breaking into the top 4 would be to find a netminding gem who could steal you games.

RichardR said:
yeah but dont forget other goalies have left us for bigger things and then come back. Aubry to germany. Granted he did half a season in newcastle before he got injured, then went to germany then back to the echl before then going back to germany then coming back to us.

Phil osear left us to go to norway, so if phil were to come back in the future, im guessing you would have this negative attitude towards him too?

Just give the poor guy a chance.
Yeah you say other goalies have left us for bigger things, they are all imports. I just think a bit of loyalty wouldn't have gone amiss with Lyle, he signed a two year contract with Belfast and he is coming back here. you look at Joe Ledley with Cardiff city he has been tempted on numerous occasions to leave city but he wants to stay with his home town club. Anyway lets see what the season brings, but i would still like to see an Aubry or an Osaer in net for us anyday.

Lyle has always been on of my favourite Ice Hockey players I'm glad that he's coming back to Cardiff, and it will be good to see him in a Devils jersey too.