Lyle moves on

Also twittereded.
@BisonHockey: Coach Doug Sheppard rocks the EPL by announcing Stevie Lyle as the Herd's new starting nm for 2012/13

Bit of a comedown from some of the places he was linked to. Wonder what they're paying him? He might be able to stay living in Kerdiff though.

yep, shep is rumoured to be putting together a good team for next season.
there wont be much difference between wages in Cardiff and EPL for someone like Lyle and yes he'll still live in the diff!
Good luck Stevie, time for some fun and good times>

Koop11

All the very best to Stevie at Basingstoke. I feel he can certainly play at Elite League level but I'm sure he has his reasons.Hope he has a great season.

kettdevil1

Great pick up by the Bison - he is still one of the best NM in the country. His performance at the playoff finals was one of the best I have ever seen.

Good luck Stevie.

TheStub

Thread starter #7
Greg Owen is also back there. Bison certainly making a statement with the Brits for next season. Will probably give most EIHL a run for their money.

Decent pre-season friendly?

TheStub said:
Greg Owen is also back there. Bison certainly making a statement with the Brits for next season. Will probably give most EIHL a run for their money.

Decent pre-season friendly?
Maybe that's their plan?!?! Dun dun duuuuun!

Finny

Yikes, PI must have whacked up their budget for the Bison for this season!

Great signing for the Bison. A quality netminder who is also a Brit, probably the most valuable player in the EPL this year.

Would certainly be interesting if Bison moved back to EIHL...

Considering Neil Black stated they were only interested in a London team from the south....

Slough, Bracknell and Guildford would certainly miss Bison games if this happened....

I still feel Hull will remain Elite...

James

Administrator
Anyone else think Bisons line-up this year so far is better than the Blaze:)
Joe Greener, Joe Miller, Greg Owen, Stevie Lyle

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
James said:
Anyone else think Bisons line-up this year so far is better than the Blaze:)
Joe Greener, Joe Miller, Greg Owen, Stevie Lyle

Might be better than ours Unless we keep Hill :(
No doubt the Bison are going to be a strong team this year. Sheppard already has the reputation as an excellent coach with several Slough players rumoured to be following him to Basingstoke.

Stevie will be the MVP in the EPL next season. A fantastic signing for Basingstoke, and he has played for them before. And commutable from Cardiff.
Good luck, Stevie with the Bison.

Still have mixed feelings about G not renewing Stevie's contract...but I know he'll do well at Basingstoke and I hope he enjoys this forthcoming season. The question is - who's up for a trip to Basingstoke to blast out a few rounds of the Stevie Lyle song?!!!

shoes_off said:
Still have mixed feelings about G not renewing Stevie's contract...but I know he'll do well at Basingstoke and I hope he enjoys this forthcoming season. The question is - who's up for a trip to Basingstoke to blast out a few rounds of the Stevie Lyle song?!!!
As long as we aren't in the away block, worst view in hockey.

DevilDan said:
who's up for a trip to Basingstoke to blast out a few rounds of the Stevie Lyle song?!!!
A long way to go, and you might miss a Devils game, too. If he's staying in Cardiff can't we just stand on his driveway and do it?