Lordo's Visit

rocketbob

Thread starter #1
In case there is anyone that hasn't heard the news, Andrew Lord will be coming back to Cardiff for Josh Batch's testimonial event! Hopefully it will be a sell out after this news as we will get to give Andrew the send off that he never got (sorry Josh). Just glad that I bought my ticket before the sell out.

terry hunt

It looks like the Rabbits were beaten in the Kelly Cup up PlayOff Semis.As far as i cen tell his record there is pretty good by US standards.
Might be a social visit to UK

rocketbob

Thread starter #4
From Josh Batch's testimonial twitter account.

"ANDREW LORD RETURNS!

Lordo will be behind the bench for the first time since the 19/20 season, which ended due to COVID.

This prevented him getting the send off he deserved after his success as @cardiffdevils head coach - so now is your chance to show your appreciation!".
I wonder if a visit to Glasgow could be on his itinerary

august04 2.0

He’s hardly going to come over here for an interview with the Glasgow Clan! Made me chuckle though. It’ll be family related coinciding with the testimonial, which is fantastic for Batch.

terry hunt

Braehead Arena 5,200 seats 5000 free parking spaces.
Glasgow Clan now under new ownership who may have bigger ambitions than previous owners and deeper pockets.
Scotland does not have a successful family oriented sports team but huge potential i would have thought.

Ocko

Braehead Arena 5,200 seats 5000 free parking spaces.
Glasgow Clan now under new ownership who may have bigger ambitions than previous owners and deeper pockets.
Scotland does not have a successful family oriented sports team but huge potential i would have thought.
Google has failed you Terry. Braehead arena is not 5200 for hockey, more like 3400ish. That is capacity for concerts utilising flooring over the ice pad.

Gough60

Google has failed you Terry. Braehead arena is not 5200 for hockey, more like 3400ish. That is capacity for concerts utilising flooring over the ice pad.
The 5200 can be a capacity for a hockey game, if they also have a Gantry! Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:

kingmo19.1

What’s this I hear ? A Gantry ? To rival ours ?? NEVER !!!!!!

We have the best Gantry in the league!

Although we’ve not been that successful on the ice of late, our Gantry Silverware is mounting up!

2016-2017 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2017-2018 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2018-2019 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2019-2020 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2020-2021 - No competition held
2021-2022 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2022-2023 - EIHL Gantry Champion

If you take lift 26 and head up to Sector 4, Level 17, floor 19, you can see the respective Banners just before heading into the Museum.

What’s this I hear ? A Gantry ? To rival ours ?? NEVER !!!!!!

We have the best Gantry in the league!

Although we’ve not been that successful on the ice of late, our Gantry Silverware is mounting up!

2016-2017 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2017-2018 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2018-2019 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2019-2020 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2020-2021 - No competition held
2021-2022 - EIHL Gantry Champion
2022-2023 - EIHL Gantry Champion

If you take lift 26 and head up to Sector 4, Level 17, floor 19, you can see the respective Banners just before heading into the Museum.

Don't think you will be able to head into the museum anymore. Rumour has it that it's ancient history.

terry hunt

Well guys squeeky bum time.
EIHL announcement about Braehead/Clan.Plans sound a lot like our owners when they took over the Devils/Arena.
Finalising Head Coach and Hockey operations management.Looks very promising for the Clan fans.Changes to Arena planned
Is there a McLordo Clan by any chance

moggy#9

Well guys squeeky bum time.
EIHL announcement about Braehead/Clan.Plans sound a lot like our owners when they took over the Devils/Arena.
Finalising Head Coach and Hockey operations management.Looks very promising for the Clan fans.Changes to Arena planned
Is there a McLordo Clan by any chance
McDixon?