LORD

Electro

Considering the news today and recently concerning Claudio Ranieri position.

For those a bit slow or don't speak my language, he is a football manager who took Leicester FC to success at 5000-1, caused Gary Lineker (ex footballer now commentator/presenter) to wear his underwear on tv and now is basically about to break a new record in being the first defending champions to be regulated in their 1st yr since 1938.

Basically hero to zero in a year and highly likely to be jobless very soon. Such is the commercial pressure to succeed, Lord is not under such pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gazza272

, Lord is not under such pressure.

you honestly believe that?

The owners have never had to have this discussion because in his first 3 seasons of coaching Lord has challenged for the title in all 3.

Is there a footballing equivalent of a rookie football manager doing such a job in the premier league? since we are on a bit of a football kick?

Wannabe2

Considering the news today and recently concerning Claudio Ranieri position.

For those a bit slow or don't speak my language, he is a football manager who took Leicester FC to success at 5000-1, caused Gary Lineker (ex footballer now commentator/presenter) to wear his underwear on tv and now is basically about to break a new record in being the first defending champions to be regulated in their 1st yr since 1938.

Basically hero to zero in a year and highly likely to be jobless very soon. Such is the commercial pressure to succeed, Lord is not under such pressure.

Bet he wouldn't want to be REGULATED, sounds very painful to me.

voth26

There is no denying Lords influence on the club as a player, as a coach, recent bench duties have impacted the team.

I'm sure if we win something this year, he'll be hailed a hero, beyond a God.

Unlike football you don't have a pool of talented people, replacing a coach isn't so easy, time will tell Lords success.

Tell me where anyone has suggested Lord will be hailed a hero or a God?. We get you don't like Lord but why do you have to go out of your way to spoil other peoples enjoyment of the team and a sport they like with your sarcasm and general negatively. I just don't understand your thought process!!

Electro

It's the negativity card again.

In my head it's perfectly feasible to support a team, management or whatever, to be able to find fault and be critical whilst supporting and enjoy games and the sport. In fact it's pretty normal in life to see fault in many things we also enjoy, be that eating in your favourite restaurant to your family, kids etc etc.

So I'm afraid if you want me to post content l don't believe in just because a few people find it negative, well it's just not going to happen.

As for Lord post winning the league, you don't need to have a PhD in Astro physics to be able to predict the future responses from a few people on the Inferno in response to mine and others who have cast comments and doubts throughout the season.

My example of Leicester Devil_Abroad should serve as an example of the pressure of sport and how things can change. Talent or no talent.

Yes Wannabe, being regulated can be very painful. Mass media judgement of your performance, if our team and coach are stressed by the Inferno, imagine what there performance would be like by trial in the mass press.

Which leads me to Gazza272, yes l do, person pressure, sure some, fans pressure, yes a bit, management pressure, sure some. l believe that Lord will still be in Cardiff if we fail to win the league this year and again if we fail the year after. Do you feel if Lord does fail this year he'll be gone ?

Last edited:

Gazza272

Which leads me to Gazza272, yes l do, person pressure, sure some, fans pressure, yes a bit, management pressure, sure some. l believe that Lord will still be in Cardiff if we fail to win the league this year and again if we fail the year after. Do you feel if Lord does fail this year he'll be gone ?

No I don't feel he will be gone. But more to the point, why should he go?

he's won two trophies in two seasons (challenge cup and Conference title) and has lost the league to a guy who has over a decade of coaching experience over him.

We have been at the right end of the table each 3 seasons, and we have slowly been building up an aura of one of the big boys in the league again. If we give Lord as much time as Coventry give Thommo i truly believe we will be swimming in trophies.

We haven't just been rebuilding a team, we have been rebuilding a club. and having someone at the helm who totally buys into that like Lord does is priceless. are all aspects of his coaching perfect? of course not. but i don't expect them to be, i wonder why it appears that you do?

voth26

It's the negativity card again.

In my head it's perfectly feasible to support a team, management or whatever, to be able to find fault and be critical whilst supporting and enjoy games and the sport. In fact it's pretty normal in life to see fault in many things we also enjoy, be that eating in your favourite restaurant to your family, kids etc etc.

So I'm afraid if you want me to post content l don't believe in just because a few people find it negative, well it's just not going to happen.

As for Lord post winning the league, you don't need to have a PhD in Astro physics to be able to predict the future responses from a few people on the Inferno in response to mine and others who have cast comments and doubts throughout the season.

My example of Leicester Devil_Abroad should serve as an example of the pressure of sport and how things can change. Talent or no talent.

Yes Wannabe, being regulated can be very painful. Mass media judgement of your performance, if our team and coach are stressed by the Inferno, imagine what there performance would be like by trial in the mass press.

I know you can be critical of something you enjoy, but generally you tend to be more positive than negative, if it's the other way round then surely you have to question why you watch said sport in this instance?

Electro

We have been at the right end of the table each 3 seasons, and we have slowly been building up an aura of one of the big boys in the league again. If we give Lord as much time as Coventry give Thommo i truly believe we will be swimming in trophies.

We haven't just been rebuilding a team, we have been rebuilding a club. and having someone at the helm who totally buys into that like Lord does is priceless. are all aspects of his coaching perfect? of course not. but i don't expect them to be, i wonder why it appears that you do?
I don't believe he should go, never have l mentioned that.

I'm constantly repeating the same opinion, l can only conclude that since it's a very simple opinion, people keep choosing to ignore it.

I don't necessarily agree he has been building a club, the Devils have too much history for Lords short time within it, so l disagree with that, what he is doing is bringing the excitement back, but Todd and the owners are play a large role in that, along with the building of the IAW. It's expected that any person employed will get behind there employers, generally it's not something you applaud, if there is not that mutual support there position tends to be untenable.

I don't expect Lord to be perfect, l really am struggling to find a reason for the lack of understanding that my repeated comment of Lord is learning his craft is so misunderstood. If l wanted perfect I'd be calling for Lord to be replaced with an experienced successful coach. Lord is one of a numbers of leading figures within the Devils history.

I'd like to see the Devils lift that cheap piece of metal and gain the recognition they deserve, but I've been there and experienced that. I accept that in some eyes I'm not a true supporter for not getting alI tense, my anxiety levels tend not to get raised by watching hockey anymore, they did when l was less mature and more excitable. l love Hockey, one of, if not the best spectator sports around, do l care if Devils lift a trophy, no not really, should that matter to anyone, no it should not, it's a personal feeling.

Electro

I know you can be critical of something you enjoy, but generally you tend to be more positive than negative, if it's the other way round then surely you have to question why you watch said sport in this instance?

With all due respect why l watch the sport is frankly nobodies business.

Last edited:

KaneDevils

Doesn't make sense to me unless you agree with him that most hockey coaches in the world of hockey are without talent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all. I've not said that. It was agreed, with electro and myself, that football managers are under more pressure to achieve than hockey coach's. Some football managers are sacked even with success, di matteo, Chelsea, won champs league, sacked, Ancellotti, I believe won la liga, was then sacked. Recently Gary rowett of Birmingham, replaced with them 4th in the league. The equivalent would never happen in hockey. That was the gist of his comment, and he was right.
Perhaps in hockey, certainly in this country, coach's may get their chance by being the most suitable, not neccasarily because their a great coach. Finnerty at braehead maybe a good example? In football terms, he would of been replaced long ago!

Electro

I've always found it fascinating as to why or how a coach can achieve such success and then within a relatively short space of time get it so wrong.

Devil_Abroad

Not at all. I've not said that. It was agreed, with electro and myself, that football managers are under more pressure to achieve than hockey coach's. Some football managers are sacked even with success, di matteo, Chelsea, won champs league, sacked, Ancellotti, I believe won la liga, was then sacked. Recently Gary rowett of Birmingham, replaced with them 4th in the league. The equivalent would never happen in hockey. That was the gist of his comment, and he was right.
Perhaps in hockey, certainly in this country, coach's may get their chance by being the most suitable, not neccasarily because their a great coach. Finnerty at braehead maybe a good example? In football terms, he would of been replaced long ago!
Think you need to take a look at Sheffield Steelers who regularly sack winning coaches. If Electro wasn't making that point then why say it? This is the problem I have with most of his posts. Putting spelling aside, grammar plays a major part in how you put your point across. He posts something, I read it, I read it again. I pause, I read it again. I do my very best to understand what it is he's trying to say. On this occasion he said that unlike football you don't have a pool of talented people - so in your words how do you read that because it made perfect sense to you?

Electro

Stop with the childish trolling, l assume your of adult age. The rules that apply to me also apply to you.

Last edited:

KaneDevils

Think you need to take a look at Sheffield Steelers who regularly sack winning coaches. If Electro wasn't making that point then why say it? This is the problem I have with most of his posts. Putting spelling aside, grammar plays a major part in how you put your point across. He posts something, I read it, I read it again. I pause, I read it again. I do my very best to understand what it is he's trying to say. On this occasion he said that unlike football you don't have a pool of talented people - so in your words how do you read that because it made perfect sense to you?

Well the Steelers is, yes, an example. A rare one. Doesn't really add a huge weight to your argument, but I respect the effort.
The comment regarding the pool of talent? Well, if say, for example, mourinho, got sacked in the morning, how many top drawer managers would be in line to replace him? 5, 10? Maybe more.
Say for whatever reason, Andrew lord was sacked end of season. How many capable, high profile, top drawer, league winning coach's could you name, who could realistically replace him?

Hence "the pool of talent".

Maybe electro didn't quite word his comment as best he could? How dare he. But, yes, it made sense to me. And I agree with him.

Wannabe2

he's won two trophies in two seasons (challenge cup and Conference title) and has lost the league to a guy who has over a decade of coaching experience over him.

If all Lordo's coaching was perfect, then he wouldn't be in this league, simple as that. He is doing just fine thank you.