Locked threads?

Thread starter #1
Why do the mods keep locking threads they don't like?
Unless the thread is discussing something that shouldn't be public then leave it run.
What does it matter if the discussion goes on for 100+ pages in circles. Its clearly a contentious issue and locking a thread doesn't make it go away.

A good discussion is made by people having differing view points and i think its important that the recent locked threads are kept running. Burying your head in the sand isn't going to fix the problem.

James

Administrator
Don't like ? As the thread locker, I fully agree with the sentiments of the thread as it happens. However like the last, people have had their say and the arguments become cyclic and don't benefit anyone. If anything new arises a new thread can be raised.

Thread starter #4
DevilDom said:
This thread is a bit pointless, I suggest its locked. :twisted:
Fair point :D

I didn't want to start a new thread for it but the only relevant threads to post in are already locked :lol:

Still not sure i see the need to lock it but hey ho. I just think it's important that issues stay in the limelight until they're dealt with and locking threads just mean they quickly disappear from the 1st page.

James

Administrator
Baz-lar said:
I think The Inferno should make a £2 donation to the DCF for every thread they lock...and talking about £2 donations.... ;)
If the participants of the locked threads want them reopened I'll consider it for a donation to the Inferno ;)

James said:
Baz-lar said:
I think The Inferno should make a £2 donation to the DCF for every thread they lock...and talking about £2 donations.... ;)
If the participants of the locked threads want them reopened I'll consider it for a donation to the Inferno ;)
Are you sure you don't want to make that a charge James as opposed to a donation or maybe just tell everyone its a charge in the hope they won't notice the difference