Live Game on Sky - Panthers v Giants (7 Jan 2011)

Gazza272

TheStub said:
Not a good result for us. 3 point game.

Dont see the 3 point thing as a problem as long as we continue to worry about us. If we sort out our own results what others do shouldnt worry us.

Massive massive massive week coming up.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
So G is driving back tonight? I'd have pitched in a donation to cover the Travel Inn or the Ibis... poor poor choice.

Many reasons though.

Superstition? Wanting to be with his team going up tomorrow.

I dont think I would have trusted the players in Nottingham on a Friday night..... :lol:

drainage

Gazza272 said:
TheStub said:

Dont see the 3 point thing as a problem as long as we continue to worry about us. If we sort out our own results what others do shouldnt worry us.

Make that nail biting weekend !! :eek:

Surely we could have dug deep to get G a hotel for the night ?? Hell surely a company like Sky can afford that ?

I have to say how good was Thommo tonight alongside Sims ! It was nice to have somebody who knew what he was talking about,spotted when either team changed their tactics, and put Sims down when he came out with a stupid statement !!!

drainage said:
Gazza272 said:
TheStub said:

Make that nail biting weekend !! :eek:

Surely we could have dug deep to get G a hotel for the night ?? Hell surely a company like Sky can afford that ?

the team may be having a light skate tommorow morning,he'd want to be there for that

Gazza272 said:
TheStub said:

True - we win our games in hand - we're top - it's up to us to win it from here. Still... would have been nice if both teams didn't get points out of the game!

Koop11

Thread starter #29
This was a good show tonight. It was professional all round. New cast members (hellooo!), good interviews, great commentary from Thommo and Gerad was his cool, cold self, analysing the game well and throwing in the odd mind game to ruffle things up.

No, a 3 point game isn’t the best result from our point of view but Nottingham will have tired legs tomorrow (they looked shattered in OT) and the pressure is all on them to win. They need those 2 points. We don’t want to come away from the game with nothing but if we were to lose (heaven forbid) we are still very much in the thick of things.

I’m going up tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I’m taking my lucky charm with me so I have a good feeling about this one.

Good luck lads.

Russky

I agree with Koop's point about Nottinghams' tired legs'. Overall, Not worried it turned out to be a three point game. Happy Belfast took it to overtime and Pens and forced Nottingham to use up more energy than they would have wanted! It seemed to be a a hard physical game going by the penalty count racked up! Another thing Nottingham would not have wanted! All seems good for the Devils' game tomorrow night!

Cracking game, having seen how bad we (Belfast) have been recently...i was expecting a big loss. Credit to the team they looked 100% better than anything in the past few weeks.

I think the Devils winning streak is set to continue, unless Panthers pull out a best of the season performance.

Was hoping for a Nottingham win in regulation... so it's not the best result. Credit to Belfast though, they kept going at it when it looked like it was curtains at 3-1 - if they go onto win the league, possibly this will be a game to remember.

The 3 point thingy... well you just don't know do you. If we win tomorrow, it's good 'cause they were tired. If we don't, it sucks because they're one point closer to us than they would have been. Whatever, you can only play your own games at the end of the day - Nottingham probably aren't going to win the league anyway (although a win tomorrow + a split or better next weekend would give them an decent chance IMO).

Pretty big game tomorrow... Now Panthers have lost tonight they're going to be desperate tomorrow, we've got to match their desire and win the 50/50 battles because they're gunna be coming at us all guns blazing. I mean we got the Squeelers away midweek too, winning both games will be very tough, but if we did, we really would be in the clear. Despite our awesome streak, points are always better than games in hand.

TheStub

Looking at Nottingham, they seem to struggle actually playing as a team for long stretches - especially when on the backfoot! They also have a discipline problem at times.

If we hit them hard and get them rilled they seem to implode. But their skill players are still able to score.

We should be able to beat them, but we have to frustrate them and not let them play their game.

Wannabe2

Dont think the 3 point thing is a problem, glad the Giants took the 2 points also glad it went to ot, the Panthers wont win the league this year, the Giants may finish second, thats between them and the steelers. Win tommorow and we are defo on our way, it was a good game tonight, but i watched nothing to make me nervous about our chances, man for man we have the beating of the lot of them. Come on you Devils.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

DevilDom

Good game between 2 fairly evenly matched sides, however I didn't see that much, apart from Kowalski, that we should be afraid of. Even K wall made an error for the 2nd goal so he is not infalable. It will be a very tough match again but if we take our chances and play like we can then we should get at least a point from the game tonight.

On a side note, I thought it was amusing watching Simms squirm as he had to talk about the Devils following all the emails they had received about our record run.

He really doesn't like it does he! :twisted:

ASHIPP

Good show last night - G very confident in front of the camera. Also really enjoyed the new partnership of Simmsey and Thommo, who could give relevant comments from a coaching perspective.

G will be pleased that the Panthers had to play extra time last night - now they will be tired as well as demotivated, we hope. :?
Whilst not the prettiest game of hockey, the Giants did well to fight back to equalise. Here is a team who have really had to learn to play together again after horrendous injuries. The measure of their ability was that they maintained their composure when Panthers completely lost it in p3....and some massive performances from key guys like Murphy, Peacock, Bayrack, Garside, Benedict, Jacobsen in the game and during the shoot-out. :cool:
Interesting that on the one-on-one penalty minute scraps, Panthers came out worst each time - both Lepine and Bellamy getting more PIMs than the Belfast player. I guess the trick is not to instigate the trouble ....let the other side get the punishment for that!
Impressed with Matt Myers' speed and aggression and two cracking goals from Clarke. Panthers' defence looked a bit lacklustre in p3 - maybe Corey will finally do less shifts and let some of his other defencemen do their job? :roll:

kettdevil1

TheStub said:
Looking at Nottingham, they seem to struggle actually playing as a team for long stretches - especially when on the backfoot! They also have a discipline problem at times.

If we hit them hard and get them rilled they seem to implode. But their skill players are still able to score.

We should be able to beat them, but we have to frustrate them and not let them play their game.
Precisely, the key is either to weather the first period storm and wait for them to get frustrated or alternatively hit them hard early on. As ever Plan A for Nottingham is to utilise their skill, Plan B is..... well that is the problem frankly.

Can't wait.

I’m going up tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I’m taking my lucky charm with me so I have a good feeling about this one.

You wearing your silk thong again Koop?? :lol:

Wannabe2

Diavlo rosso said:

You wearing your silk thong again Koop?? :lol:
Where you going tomorrow???????