Ling leaves panthers

algo

Thread starter #2
Nottingham Panthers have confirmed forward David Ling has left the club.

The 41-year-old broke the news to his teammates in the locker room after the game at Dundee Stars on Sunday night.

Ling told Panthers Radio that ‘he had never previously quit anything in his life’ and says ‘his dad will be rolling in his grave but he has to put the children first’.

Ocko

Big loss for the Panthers. His interview is emotional to say the least.

He's second in the league in points per game stats, only behind Joey Martin - they'll struggle to replace that kind of production at this point in the season.

ASHIPP

However painful it may be for him to give up a job he clearly loves, Ling has made the right decision for his family who may be very homesick.

Feel for the Panthers who have struggled with injury and departures all season. They have done well to be where they are in the league and CC with an import problem....and they could still do damage.

Fans blaming Corey for the lack of player replacements/slow cover for injuries. Surely the blame lies at the owners' door for lack of support. There are still good players available out there and I can't believe a coach would willingly continue with a shorter roster, especially as the Panthers are still challenging in all competitions.

ASHIPP said:
However painful it may be for him to give up a job he clearly loves, Ling has made the right decision for his family who may be very homesick.

Feel for the Panthers who have struggled with injury and departures all season. They have done well to be where they are in the league and CC with an import problem....and they could still do damage.

Fans blaming Corey for the lack of player replacements/slow cover for injuries. Surely the blame lies at the owners' door for lack of support. There are still good players available out there and I can't believe a coach would willingly continue with a shorter roster, especially as the Panthers are still challenging in all competitions.
I'm not sure the fans are blaming Corey, more with NB & GM who stated at the beginning of the season we would be playing with 4 lines but never actually recruited the staff to do so. Playing Wiikmann injured since the back end of Oct to the point where he couldn't get up is also another major issue. Not replacing a D man who then sits out for 20 odd matches. The club is making thousands as you can see by the attendances (nearly every week above the 5500 mark) but no money to improve the squad. I suppose we had a glimpse in the week as to where the money is going with NB's next project... the KHL.
Looking forward to seeing you all in the new place its looks amazing... as does your title hopes.. (see we helped you a little on Sat..lol)