Liam kirk

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
I see he's signed in Czechia after the coyotes terminated his contract. It seems to me that he's been treated terribly by Arizona, particularly given how he performed in Finland after his recovery from injury.

moggy#9

Thread starter #5
Ultimately, it was to be expected with a 189th? Draft selection. Would have been great to see a British trained player in the NHL but it was always going to be very unlikely.
I'm not suggesting that I expected him to make it to the NHL, but I am surprised he didn't get a chance in the ahl - particularly given his displays in Finland and GB. After all, it's not like the coyotes have massive depth in their system.

The_Stick_

I'm not suggesting that I expected him to make it to the NHL, but I am surprised he didn't get a chance in the ahl - particularly given his displays in Finland and GB. After all, it's not like the coyotes have massive depth in their system.
Definitely. Had Kirk not gotten that season ending injury he would of likely established himself as an AHL regular

kettdevil1

The question is would he want to be an AHL regular or is he more comfortable in Europe where he will be earning more money and have a more stable existence I would have loved to see him in the NHL but as others have said, it was always a long shot.

moggy#9

Thread starter #10
The question is would he want to be an AHL regular or is he more comfortable in Europe where he will be earning more money and have a more stable existence I would have loved to see him in the NHL but as others have said, it was always a long shot.
I guess it's the "what if?" question. Would he be satisfied that he did everything he could to play at the highest level he could? At least he's playing in better leagues and not falling into the Tony hand trap of staying in his comfort zone and being a big fish in a small pond.

Our best players must play in overseas leagues. It's good for them, it's good for GB and it makes space in the elite league for kids coming up behind them.