Let's not forget the streak...

Thread starter #1
Despite all of yesterdays news good or bad depending how you see it,

THE DEVILS MADE IT 13 in a row and we welcome back Brad for the Coventry game boxing day. May not have been the best display but to win and play not well shows a good team.

We must now push on this run have a good xmas and see you in Coventry!!!

DevilDom

I hope i'm not putting the hex on this but I just don't see us losing at the moment. Even when we were 2-0 down to the Steelers I still believed we would come back.

With Blaze short-benched we must take advantage and add wins 14 and 15 to the streak, however we can't be complacent. Then the really big test - the 3rd game in 3 days away to the Giants. That will be a really tough ask.

DevilDom said:
I hope i'm not putting the hex on this but I just don't see us losing at the moment. Even when we were 2-0 down to the Steelers I still believed we would come back.

With Blaze short-benched we must take advantage and add wins 14 and 15 to the streak, however we can't be complacent. Then the really big test - the 3rd game in 3 days away to the Giants. That will be a really tough ask.
It will also be the Giants 3rd game in 3 days.

Hopefully we will have Benedict and Garside back for the games, 4 games in 5 days I believe. In a short burst.

Despite having such a bad injury crisis (2 games full bench or somthing silly), we are still up there and im glad we are nearing the end of it.

The streak is very impressive, the players have really clicked together after a pretty slow start to the season. I think out D has been the key, Lyle now looks a bit more confident, and the D really seem to be keeping other teams to the sides. Our offence has kicked ass pretty much all season.

Call me pessimistic, but I think it's probably going to end in one of the three next games... We have a terrible record away to Belfast, and the Blaze, despite having injury issues, are going to be desperate to get something off us.

I think if we can manage 4 points out of 6, then we'll be set up nicely (especially if 2 of the points are off Belfast... although I doubt it).

Koop11

The form we're in, there is no reason why we cannot take 6 points but I'd accept 4/5 out of these three tough matches

I WOULD BE HAPPY WITH 4 POINTS OVER THE THREE GAMES(DROPING 2 AGAINST BLAZE) 5 POINTS OVER THE MOON, 6 POINTS AND I WOULD THINK OF TALKING TO THE MOTHER IN LAW.HE'S TO A WINNING CHRISTMAS

They seem to have been adding an extra 2 for ages in the match reports. Taken from the Devils site fixtures / results this clearly shows since the defeat to Dundee, we've won 14 in a row.

Thu 28 Dundee Stars 7 - 3 Cardiff Devils 7.30pm League
Sat 30 Cardiff Devils 7 - 4 Hull Stingrays 7.00pm Cup
Sun 31 Hull Stingrays 2 - 4 Cardiff Devils 6.00pm League

November 2010
Date Home Team Score Away Team Face Off Competition G-Sheet
Sat 6 Newcastle Vipers 3 - 6 Cardiff Devils 7:00pm League View
Sun 7 Cardiff Devils 3 - 0 Belfast Giants 6.00pm League
Sat 13 Nottingham Panthers 2 - 3 Cardiff Devils 7:00pm L/Cup
Sun 14 Cardiff Devils 8 - 5 Newcastle Vipers 6.00pm League
Sat 20 Cardiff Devils 5 - 2 Edinburgh Capitals 7.00pm League
Sun 21 Edinburgh Capitals 3 - 5 Cardiff Devils 6:00pm League View
Fri 26 Cardiff Devils 12 - 0 Hull Stingrays 7.30pm League

December 2010
Date Home Team Score Away Team Face Off Competition G-Sheet
Fri 3 Braehead Clan 0 - 4 Cardiff Devils 7.30pm League View
Sun 5 Cardiff Devils 3 - 1 Dundee Stars 6.00pm League
Sat 11 Cardiff Devils 3 - 2 Sheffield Steelers 7.00pm League View
Sat 18 Cardiff Devils Nottingham Panthers 7.00pm Cup - postponed
Wed 22 Cardiff Devils 4 - 1 Hull Stingrays 7.30pm League
Sun 26 Coventry Blaze 2 - 3 Cardiff Devils 6.00pm League

anyone know what the Elite League record for consecutive wins is - or have we already beaten it? Thought it might be Steelers in 08/09 as I seem to remember they'd only lost about 5 after 40 games?

TheStub

Re: Re: Let's not forget the streak...

ledgend777 said:
anyone know what the Elite League record for consecutive wins is - or have we already beaten it? Thought it might be Steelers in 08/09 as I seem to remember they'd only lost about 5 after 40 games?
I thought they only had about 5 regulation losses, rather than consecutive wins. I don't think they had a massive win streak, just a massive point streak.

What a lovely Christmas, 6 points, i'm starting to believe. As a man of my word, i talked to the mother in law, i said " Christmas is over, why don't you go home" Only joking.