Lessons learnt

Sliput

Thread starter #1
After all the nonsense over the last couple of seasons regarding the Steelers i was just wondering if Dave Simms/Bob Phillips have learnt a serious lesson.

Compare the PR that was released today from G (Leaving the punishment up to the league) and the PR from Simmsy after various incidents involving Voth and Latulippe , giving special attention to the hystreonics (sp) after the Tait incident and the lastest on with Finnerty.

This time a couple of players have gone on record backing Sharp...not backing him on the incident but just saying that Sharp is a good guy in the dressing room and how the team enjoy having him around.....To me this is acceptable.

Jody apologising.....again acceptable.

But where is Simms ?!?! Dont get me wrong i think he shouldnt get involved in it all ...but why didnt he have the sense to not put out the crap he did over the last two years ?

Due to his ""press releases'' tensions were a lot higher than they would have been on sunday. Also as owner Bob should have pulled Simms into line after last years Voth witch hunt but maybe he has his own agenda....i dont know.

But if nothing else comes Sundays game (as i doubt nothing serious will be handed to Sharp by the league and even less to Jody) i hope that Dave Simms realises that not all publicity is good publicity and at times you really need to look past sensationalism and use the 'dignified silence' stance.

Oh and before any Steelers fans wade in......this is a DEVILS forum by/for primarily DEVILS fans.
( Cant you tell i've been reading Steeltalk :lol: )

drainage

Sorry but agree entirely .... see response posted on another thread

I have a number of problems with an alledged professional organisation and the actions of Sharp, Lehman et al on Sunday is the last straw.

The Steelers have been allowed to comment , in my opinion using the press to their own advantage, on ongoing disciplinary issues when they should have been told to zip it.

Bonkers Bob is allowed to remove any comments he likes and seems to have turned us into some form of communist state where free speech is no longer allowed - purely on the basis he sulks !!

Then they allowed little Ryan to spit his dummy out and threaten to do some damage to a player from another team - surely thats a disrepute charge on its own. How can someone not call him to question for threatening to get even with someone (albeit the idiot had forgotten when he would next have the chance to flex his muscles (although the most vicious thing about him is his rampant gob)

Then we have what happened on Sunday - and all of a sudden the Squeelers all have laringytus nothing from Simms, Bobby or Matsos just a "don't blame me I get emotional" from Jody.

On that basis my crappy week means I can go out slit someones throat and cite I got a little upset !

In my view they live by the press they die by the press and whilst police intervention is not needed, wanted or even relevant I hope the league grow some balls and deal with them once and for all.

Regrettably I do not think the squeelers will really learn any lessons from this. Unfortunately with the personalities involved with that organisation I think when the current situation is confined to the history books things will go back to what they were. Its just in their psche. We have seen it before and we will see it again.
The statements/ 'apology' we have had from them are all aimed at damage limitation. There is a glaring absence of any word of condemnation about the incident from that classless organisation.
:(

Ugly Betty said:
Regrettably I do not think the squeelers will really learn any lessons from this. Unfortunately with the personalities involved with that organisation I think when the current situation is confined to the history books things will go back to what they were. Its just in their psche. We have seen it before and we will see it again.
The statements/ 'apology' we have had from them are all aimed at damage limitation. There is a glaring absence of any word of condemnation about the incident from that classless organisation.
:(
Nail on the head.

IMO Having dealt with Bob I known what an immature prat he can be. His philosophy is: your either with him or against him, no middle ground and if your against him he can hold a grudge for a long long time. This will go on untill he drops Ice hockey for his next pet project.