LEARN TO PLAY - A QUESTION

d20

Thread starter #1
Just a question ,does anyone know if full equipment is needed for a first go at "learn to play".

My sons want to try and and I'm taking them down on thursday to watch but have heard 2 things from different people

1.was that they could go on and have a go if they had skates
or
2. they cant go on unless they have full kit

so does anyone have any ideas at all ?

I've only been once for the Adult's learn to play when Max was running the session and only had skates. I was told prior to this that you could go down with just skates and equipment would be provided but when I turned up Max was a bit shocked that I didn't have equipment and there was no spare at the time. Not sure if it will be different for children mind.

d20

Thread starter #3
Ok thanks I'll just take them down and see how it goes ,if they have to watc hfor the first time so be it.

Hi, My 10 year old started learn to play a month or two back and I'm pretty sure they won't be allowed on the ice without FULL kit.
This would include body armor, elbow pads, knee pads, neck protector, helmet, gloves etc.
When we started they didn't have any gear at all to loan apart from sticks.

I picked up everything my lad needed 2nd hand from Ebay, apart from the helmet which I bought from the rink store.

The sessions are great, and my lad really enjoys them so it was definitely worth the initial layout in terms of getting the gear, brilliantly run, fun led sessions with friendly coaches.
Hope this helps