Last year’s winner: Ryan Ginand

Temme

Player of the year - Roy
Coach of the year - Lord
British player - Bowns
Net minder - Stewart
Defense - Hotham
Forward - Roy

I think if Marsh is in contention then Hudson can't have been so far behind either.

http://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/steelers-stars-dominate-all-star-voting-p196813

So apparently Steelers are dominating the shortlist? Not sure they quite understand the meaning of 'dominate'!
Steelers nominated - 7
Total categories in - 5

Devils nominated - 7
Total categories in - 6

I just can't accept Roy being player of the year - he's dirty (fantastic diver though!) and that behaviour shouldn't be rewarded. Same for Adams - if it can't be Lord winning i'd rather it be Finnerty.

Temme

I think it depends on these last few games, Bowns has had much more responsibility as a goalie than Farmer does. If the Devils can do the unimaginable and win the league (and as a result, conference), 3/4 trophies (with the PO still to come) means they can't look past Bowns for it. Hell if we get that far then he may well be in with a shout for the Goalie award too.

Have Hope#35

Temme said:
I think it depends on these last few games, Bowns has had much more responsibility as a goalie than Farmer does. If the Devils can do the unimaginable and win the league (and as a result, conference), 3/4 trophies (with the PO still to come) means they can't look past Bowns for it. Hell if we get that far then he may well be in with a shout for the Goalie award too.
If Nottingham beat Sheffield on Friday then the Conference Title is theirs regardless of our result versus them Sunday!

Temme said:
Player of the year - Roy
Coach of the year - Lord
British player - Bowns
Net minder - Stewart
Defense - Hotham
Forward - Roy

I think if Marsh is in contention then Hudson can't have been so far behind either.
+1

I wouldn't have said Lord for coach of the yr, but seeing Sheffield performance recently G does not deserve it. In fact l wouldn't be surprised if Whistle ended up back in the UK and in Sheffield.

rocketbob

chillee said:
Northerners have no loyalty, he'll be jobless soon.
That's a bit of a sweeping generalization. Just because one particular bunch of spoilt northerners feel justified in changing their coach if they don't win every single game does not mean all northerners are the same.

rocketbob

Anyhow, back on topic. Is anyone else surprised by the lack of Nottingham players on the list (i.e. only Farmer)? I am not necessarily saying that loads more deserve it but that doesn't usually stop them appearing.

On another note, maybe they should have a fan voted "Villain of the Year" just as a bit of fun.

Finny

Nottingham fans have been slating the majority of their players all season. It would be a bit weird to then seen them listed in this shortlist if their own fans don't rate them.