Latest rink update

Ocko said:
Nott Simpson said:
Will still need a Fire Certificate and a trial run with a reduced capacity as I would be surprised if ICW was granted a interim Fire Certificate for its capacity.
I'm sure Chris said on a tour I had that they had it. I could be wrong but in sure we have it up to 3,100. That standing room will obviously be submitted separated.

Looks great in that recent picture though.
As I understand it such certificates are usually in place before handover from the builders.

Before a certificate is issued there must be a staged event with a reduced capacity which is then cranked up to full capacity if everything is OK.

That a certificate can be issued before completion is nonsense, all that exists now is an agreed "planned" capacity of 3000+.

I remember the first game at the Millennium stadium having a capacity of 35,000.

Time will tell

dave

Nott Simpson said:
Before a certificate is issued there must be a staged event with a reduced capacity which is then cranked up to full capacity if everything is OK.

That a certificate can be issued before completion is nonsense, all that exists now is an agreed "planned" capacity of 3000+.

I remember the first game at the Millennium stadium having a capacity of 35,000.

Time will tell
The millennium stadium was not fully built though with one stand not done. First game at the tent was not restricted but sold for agreed capacity. Only need for new certificate is for when an increase for additional standing.

terry hunt

Looking at the waterside yesterday they preparing the ground for slab laying not an easy job in

wet weather.

New external lighting fitted most of the brambles/greenery has gone together with loads of

rubbish that was there.

No liquor/entertainment licence has been granted to the new arena to date.

There is currently an application submitted with the Council inviting observations etc until 2 February.

With the Licensing Committee/Officers certain to make an inspection of the premises along with Police & Fire Service before the application is formally considered by the Committee the granting of a licence is some way off

Having looked at what is still needed to finish the arena, which is still plenty of work and it seems it is going to be well into February when everything COULD be ready. I believe we should take advantage of our advantage and see the regular season out in the BBT.

The reasons are this. We have a difficult run in and have to play Nottingham at home one more time with adittional home games with Belfast and Sheffield twice more (yes I know one of those is tonight). These teams will want nothing better to play us on our big ice in the new arena. The last thing they want is to come down again to the hardest place in the league to visit. We should use this advantage and sit tight as were so close to success this season.

I would make the move to the new arena for the beginning of the playoffs. This would also give more time to get everything right for the switch over. We have been waiting for a new home for ten years so a few more weeks are not going to hurt us if there is silverware at stake.

Just my opinion but would be interested in what you guys think.

Ocko

Said it earlier on, we don't have the choice.

As soon as IAW is open Planet Ice will cease to operate in Cardiff. For all the plus and minus for either staying or going has, it's all irrelevant.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,529
Huge thank you to Chris Hartrey for today's visit into our new home, believe me Greenbank has done us proud, it' truelly is a beautiful venue, and every fan home or away will love it. This lovely place sent tingles down my back today, it really is that nice. Sure it has taken 10yrs to get this lush building, but my god it really is the Mutts Nutts.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,533
No way am I going to make a guess on a forum, that could be suicidal and I don't need that thank you, I know nothing about the ins and outs about what has to be signed off, and don't really want to know, after 10 yrs of fighting for this lovely venue we will be in there when we are in there. But what I will say is that this beautiful place has been worth waiting for, and Greenbank have done a great job.We now have the best team, the best owners, the best managment, the best coach, the best fans, and now the best venue.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Milky

Having visited the site 10 days ago, i'd be prepared to say we'll be in by 21st Feb for the Steelers game. Saturday 6th against Coventry looks very ambitious.

d20

Milky said:
Having visited the site 10 days ago, i'd be prepared to say we'll be in by 21st Feb for the Steelers game. Saturday 6th against Coventry looks very ambitious.

I think this will be right as well the 21st also gives them an extra few weeks when the devils don't play here and go to france so they have another 2 week window between games

d20 said:
Milky said:

I think this will be right as well the 21st also gives them an extra few weeks when the devils don't play here and go to france so they have another 2 week window between games
Premier Sports believe this to be the date. It's on the website of upcoming games they'll be showing, but does have a question mark against if it does get delayed.

Ocko

Finny said:
Koop11 said:
Could there be a rival for the Devils as Swansea announces 3,500 seater arena:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-35374781
No mention of it including an ice pad in the designs, so it would seem unlikely at the moment.

Says in the bit below that the arena will have ice skating. Taken from one of the first few paragraphs on the BBC article.

It will be built on an incline so that at the other end, people can walk straight over Oystermouth Road to where the arena will be, hosting concerts, shows, conferences and ice skating.
This would be amazing. I will obviously hate any team that plays there, which is great, what a superb natural rival to have if it materialises and a team ends up playing out of there.

Finny

It mentions ice skating, but I wonder if they mean more along the lines of Dancing on Ice or Disney on Ice. Both of whom bring their own ice pad.

If they were planning on having a permanent ice pad and an ice hockey team I would have thought it would be mentioned?