Latest rink update

Ocko

Anyone know what's happening with the land that the BBT was on? And I mean in the short term (I don't want to open the can of worms that is the 'Sports Village').

Hopefully they'll make the car park bigger?

Ocko said:
Anyone know what's happening with the land that the BBT was on? And I mean in the short term (I don't want to open the can of worms that is the 'Sports Village').

Hopefully they'll make the car park bigger?
maybe an idea to start building another ice rink just in case john lewis or someone else buy the iaw site , at least we will have a rink to go straight into it rather than wait 12 to 15 yrs or so ;)

Electro

Short term l believe it'll be ground surveyed as the land the IAW, ski slope and bbt sit on is old landfill and unstable, hence the ground works issues that arouse before and during the IAW build. Then likely weeds will grow, then maybe someone will erect some boards around the site of pretty pics of the development that'll likely see hell freeze first before it's built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bars have been built on the top walkways at the three corners away from the bar. So getting a beer should be less problematic . The ice pad looks a hell of a lot better than the bbt, both in terms of the surface quality and the sponsor logos.

august04

I'm confused as to what we're trying to do with the scoreboard. I don't understand having the penalty/SOG info in such small size - I can barely see it - then we have the bulk of the screen showing static team logos. Is this so we have access to in game graphics as has been mentioned before? I don't need to have a fancy graphic showing Hooking etc when Kelman has just announced what the penalty is for! Any chance of please having a normal scoreboard? They use it for Fire games and at the UK All Stars weekend recently and it was great and so much better.
Hope the goal lights are replaced soon as has been indicated previously on here. IAW seems to be getting there though, nice bar additions in the corners.

Goal lights still the same hopefully this will change for the new season but not holding my breath. Went to the cafe at first break huge queues again girls behind the counter standing doing nothing so thought instead of queuing I'd get a hot chocolate from the vending machine only 3 people in front of me happy days I thought but then a chap came to fill the machine up 10 minx later I got my drink aaagghh! Why don't the think ahead and fill it up BEFORE the rush happens. Seem to remember at the BBT they used to have loads of food ready to serve before the end of the period why can't they do it at IAW? Not good enough IAW you need to sort this out

Ocko

And I'll keep banging on about it but those benches are ridiculous with a roster running four lines. Something has to be done, it's an utter shambles.

I don't buy the whole argument of a whole reconfiguration of steps needing to be moved either, you can position two doors with plexiglass that cover the steps and walkway while the game is in play and open them at the end of the period, a different lay out but like there was in the WNIR - there is still an exit for toilets and food as you can use the steps to the upper level and back down. Or remove two seats next to the steps and reposition the bottoms two steps only either way would allow the front bench to be extended without great construction work but would give you space for another 3-4 players at the front. Neither is ideal, but neither is having benches that are too small.

The corner bars are a good idea.

august04

Ocko said:
Oh, and fill in the corners and underneath the scoreboard please; it just looks crap, half finished and unprofessional.
It looks like it's been given a whack already on the bench side. Part of the screen was blue when the video was playing, looked like pixel troubles.

pjj365

Gaz G said:
First visit to the new rink. Love it.
Don't think you'll find any disagreement here

But it is because of this that we should continue to nag and moan about the imperfections which for some can spoil the game night off ice experience

Also a number of the off ice improvements promised by Todd have not materialised. THIS IS NOT HIS FAULT and he must be as frustrated as many of us

Devil_Abroad

Stewards. Need to be appointed at the bottom of all steps to stop the constant flow of people walking past whilst the puck is in play. I gave up pointing this out by the third period - won;t be buying tickets low down again!

And why do people bother coming to watch hockey if all they're going to do is constantly get up, go out, and then come back again? Annoying! If it's the drink you need then stop in the bar - don't come back in. If it's the toilet then stop drinking so much alcohol! If it's to look at your phone then go outside until the game finishes.

Please IAW, do something about the phone signal. Maybe a free Wifi?

Thank you