LADIES NIGHT

KEVIN

Thread starter #1
Ask on behalf pm my other half, are their any intentions/dates for the event this year? as she was really looking forward to the event

All I know is that it will be sometime in October according to G's misses as she is organising it this year. She posted it on Twitter the other day.

ASHIPP

I believe that Mrs G is an events organiser by profession - Ladies Night should be another excellent night again this year, then :cool:

KEVIN

Thread starter #4
puckbunny66 said:
All I know is that it will be sometime in October according to G's misses as she is organising it this year. She posted it on Twitter the other day.
KEVIN said:
Ask on behalf pm my other half, are their any intentions/dates for the event this year? as she was really looking forward to the event
Thanks guys I'll pass that on to a very happy other half :D

I didn't go last year, but the last few years I have gone its got worse every time for me, just didn't enjoy it, although Stevie was a very good waiter on our table. I won't say all my reasons for fear of being called negative it is my opinion sorry if you don't like. If you've never been go for it, you will probably enjoy it, compared to how it started is nothing in comparison, Its just what myself and few friends have thought over the years.

I can't afford both so have opted to go to Stevies Testimonial Curry and Quiz night as they are a day after one another (brilliant planning)

And it was always in February why did it change ?

Because last year everyone whinged about not being able to afford Ladies Night so soon after Christmas ..... even though it was announced in October :roll:

Everyone wanted it before Christmas but with Nov and Dec obviously being busy with Christmas parties, looks like they've brought it further forward.

Good time I reckon. The events are nicely spread out.

Surely having it at this time of year makes sense from almost all angles....

Firstly the "New season delight" may be starting to wear off a month in so this then gets a buzz going again

secondly it's a good cash injection for the club early doors

Thirdly there is no " I cant afford it as it's just after christmas"

and finally, Stevie's testimonial events are mostly in January and February and that will be what most people will want to spend their money on at that time. As has been said, i think its nice spread of events and keeps the interest in the club at a maximum across the entire season!

mazza03

Preferred it in Feb: didn't go last year because they changed it, but did hear from quite a few ladies that went that they thought the fans were treated quite badly being shoved at the back and the sponsers got the good tables, not a good way to treat fans IMHO. But hey ho, I wont be going again this year so it wont affect me.

Sheincar

Flameboy86 said:
Surely having it at this time of year makes sense from almost all angles....

Firstly the "New season delight" may be starting to wear off a month in so this then gets a buzz going again

secondly it's a good cash injection for the club early doors

Thirdly there is no " I cant afford it as it's just after christmas"

and finally, Stevie's testimonial events are mostly in January and February and that will be what most people will want to spend their money on at that time. As has been said, i think its nice spread of events and keeps the interest in the club at a maximum across the entire season!

But Stevie has an event the night before so you have to choose between them.

Clare said:
Or you could go to both?
I'd love to, but can't afford both, out of the 2 I'd prefer to go to Stevies, having been to loads of ladies nights, I can remember some better than others :oops: :lol: Stevies is £25 and I'll prob drive so be cheaper as well.

ladies night £40 ? plus spending money for drinks, raffles etc spend way loads more, I know some (?) goes to charity but in this day and age I can't afford both so have to look after myself, if I didn't have other commitments then I would go to both

Does anyone actually know a fixed date for Ladies Night yet or are we just moaning about a date that hasn't even been decided/announced?

I preferred Ladies Night in Febraury as it always fell around my birthday but hey you cant have everything you want. I didn't go last year due to finicial reasons and leaving it too late to book. I think it does spread events nicely to have Ladies Night in Oct/Nov during a special seasons (Testimonial Seasons etc).

I have been very tempted by the curry night! But thats more because Stub and I love curry :lol: Bit of a long way to drive though... might just get one from the local!

Sheincar

Shortstuff said:
Does anyone actually know a fixed date for Ladies Night yet or are we just moaning about a date that hasn't even been decided/announced?

I preferred Ladies Night in Febraury as it always fell around my birthday but hey you cant have everything you want. I didn't go last year due to finicial reasons and leaving it too late to book. I think it does spread events nicely to have Ladies Night in Oct/Nov during a special seasons (Testimonial Seasons etc).
Surprisingly enough we don't just moan about things for the sheer hell of it. Anounced in last week's programme as being 25 October at Parc Thistle Hotel so not sure where the Marriott has come from.

Thanks to those who replied with a date for me.

Unfortunately as i live in Doncaster i didnt get to last weeks game to get a programme, i dont follow Mrs G on twitter and hadn't noticed the date anywhere else when i looked which is why i was unsure as to why people were getting a bit annoyed by the date.

I shall now investigate my options for making a trip home to attend as it is always a good night out and bit of fun

Shortstuff said:
Thanks to those who replied with a date for me.

Unfortunately as i live in Doncaster i didnt get to last weeks game to get a programme, i dont follow Mrs G on twitter and hadn't noticed the date anywhere else when i looked which is why i was unsure as to why people were getting a bit annoyed by the date.

I shall now investigate my options for making a trip home to attend as it is always a good night out and bit of fun
Well if thats the case you may as well do both if you have to travel that far, you could stay over where ever Ladies night is actually being held. It defo says Park Thistle in the prog, maybe its wrong in the prog, you'd think the organiser would know where is was :lol: maybe they had both venues in mind and there's been some crossed wires, maybe its a ploy, sponsors will have them all to themselves in the Marriot and the fans will be in the Park Thistle getting the bar staff to do a turn :lol: