Kevin Bergin new coach from 2014/2015

Welshy74

Didn't G, Ed, Finner (As above), Hutchinson, Neilson have no coaching experience before their appointments? Correct me if I'm wrong

Ocko

You can only base him on the sort of player he is really. Has always been a key player wherever he has gone and I always thought he played the game the right way. Also, he was probably one of the toughest players who could play the game too so hopefully he can bring that to his coaching. All coaches start somewhere, That's if there is any truth at all in this.

But surely this cannot be true, remember Pope has been after the head coach job for years hasn't he? And now he's after someone else in the role? I suppose the moaners are right, there are no limits to how sneaky Pope can be; he's even stealing his own job off himself now and giving it to some else! :lol:

Ocko said:
You can only base him on the sort of player he is really. Has always been a key player wherever he has gone and I always thought he played the game the right way. Also, he was probably one of the toughest players who could play the game too so hopefully he can bring that to his coaching. All coaches start somewhere, That's if there is any truth at all in this.

But surely this cannot be true, remember Pope has been after the head coach job for years hasn't he? And now he's after someone else in the role? I suppose the moaners are right, there are no limits to how sneaky Pope can be; he's even stealing his own job off himself now and giving it to some else! :lol:
When did our name tag change from the Militia to the moaners ?

rocketbob

skippy said:
With his wealth of no coaching experience I can see why they'd snap him up.

Wait no the other thing.
Isn't he bench/assistant coach at the Clan this year?

Not that I could stomach him as the Devils coach. I am not sure that I could forgive him for his double handed slash on Voth's wrist a few season ago. He did it twice in a row and could have easily ended Brad's career then and there.

Sheincar

Ocko said:

Maybe Pope's discovered just how much of a poisoned chalice the job really is.

TheStub

jodysstillagirlsname said:
skippy said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
When did our name tag change from the Militia to the moaners ?
If the hats fit and all that
Have to think of a new tag for the happy clappies then 'the blinkered ' comes to mind
I think you'll find "level and reasoned" may be more appropriate.

All I can guess is that those so focused on the moaning must have very little in their lives if they are this focused with the internal bad management practises of someone else's company. Or am I missing something?

Bergin as coach? I don't know enough about his coaching ability to judge. He was a good player, but good players don't always make good coaches - in fact it is often the opposite.

In terms of the "when he played for another team he was nasty to us" blinkers - if he leads us to victory then he could have dressed Brad in a tutu for all I care.

TheStub said:
All I can guess is that those so focused on the moaning must have very little in their lives if they are this focused with the internal bad management practises of someone else's company. Or am I missing something?
What ever happened to attacking the post not the poster?

TheStub said:
In terms of the "when he played for another team he was nasty to us" blinkers - if he leads us to victory then he could have dressed Brad in a tutu for all I care.
You surprise me with this attitude, I had you down as a lefty like me.
To me its how you play the game that matters the win is a bonus. It not about winning at all costs no matter how you do it.