Justin Crandall

E.D.S.

It’s about balance for me. No idea what this team will look like and how it will shape up. If we’re going with big bodies and puck retention then I think there’s a space for season 1 Crandall - who we’re more likely to see in that possession team but without knowing the make up of the team it’s difficult to say. Certainly last year he did himself no favours.
Let’s hope Reid isn’t returning. That’s the main one for me.

lloyd_jeff

Haha yes I did notice they got married a couple of days ago. As you said, congratulations to both. Lovely start to the honeymoon when he’s reading this thread on the beach… :)
He‘s a pro athlete being criticised by armchair experts, I’m sure he will be fine, although he’s playing in the EIHL, he may agree ;). l doubt his marriage has started so bad that all he got to do is read the Inferno.

would have him back, first season very good player second season is always the most difficult in any sport and we dont know what Dupont's instructions were

The_Stick_

I like Crandall, and feel he is a lot better than what we saw last season and fully expect that he would perform more to the standard that we saw in his first season with us should he be given the right line mates next season. I do not believe we should re sign him however. As others have said, by rewarding him with a new contract it would show certain players that we reward mediocrity, and after his most recent season I don’t think Crandall being re signed can be justified.

moggy#9

I like Crandall, and feel he is a lot better than what we saw last season and fully expect that he would perform more to the standard that we saw in his first season with us should he be given the right line mates next season. I do not believe we should re sign him however. As others have said, by rewarding him with a new contract it would show certain players that we reward mediocrity, and after his most recent season I don’t think Crandall being re signed can be justified.
I agree, much like the case with Dupont, we can't just roll the dice on the hope that someone will suddenly come good. I'm at a loss as to why his form fell off, but we need our top players to perform like top players.

jenks33

Thread starter #35
Spot on. A good player that possibly would have a better season if he returned next season. Absolutely doesn’t deserve to return tho. We shouldn’t be rewarding mediocrity and that’s exactly what we would be doing in this case.

Diablo3

I disagree, put Crandall in the right line and he has the ability to win games. He proved that the first year we had him. The lines (apart from CSM) were continually messed with for most of last season up until maybe the last month, which coincided with a return to form for Crandall. I would have him back. But that's just me.

SMJ

I disagree, put Crandall in the right line and he has the ability to win games. He proved that the first year we had him. The lines (apart from CSM) were continually messed with for most of last season up until maybe the last month, which coincided with a return to form for Crandall. I would have him back. But that's just me.[/QUOTE