Junior Devils and ENL1 play today!

Thread starter #1
hi all!

Just a note to say that if you fancy some Saturday night hockey today, the Junior U14 Devils are home to Invicta at 4.15pm today. A win today will send them clear at the top of the A league, so they are looking for a good result. These are the players who were on the ice in the break at last Sunday's Devils game. Entry is free to all!

At 7pm the ENL1 Devils play home to Streatham looking to continue their great run of form. Entry is free to DCF members and season ticket holders, £4 to adults and £2 for children.

Please come down and support if available!

Chris

Administrator
The juniors won 9-2 and now top their league :)

ENL team have started well although I think the score remains 0-0.

Devils EIHL team had some sort of warmup/practice between games.

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Might as well just keep bumping this as I get updates.

Devils 1-0 Redskins. Chris Jones at 6:23.

Ben Davies playing for the ENL team tonight :)

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Devils lead 2-0 at the end of the 1st period.

Quick and exciting game by all accounts, Davies and Watkins playing very well :D

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Devils 3-1 Redskins at 44mins.

Couple of minutes later Fisher fights someone, seems to be a win for him though according to texters :)

Chris.

Ger-Devils

Started well, drifted off a bit but the fight sparked it off again it seemed. Some nice finishing in the end. Very good netminder for the Redskins. Some nice saves to keep the score down. Shots on goal were stupid overall. 22 then 29 on him the first two periods. Wasn't sure of SOG for the 3rd period.

Completely agree with Ger-devils' assessment of the game. It was my first ENL game and i was really impressed. THe skill level and speed of the devils was way above streatham, who didn't really look up for the game apart from their netminder, who faced over 60 shots and pulled off one unbelievable stop on ben davies when the puck seemed to be behind him which even earned a well done off ben.

It might have been my first ENL game but it wont be my last. Well done lads

Ger-Devils

martynh said:
Completely agree with Ger-devils' assessment of the game. It was my first ENL game and i was really impressed. THe skill level and speed of the devils was way above streatham, who didn't really look up for the game apart from their netminder, who faced over 60 shots and pulled off one unbelievable stop on ben davies when the puck seemed to be behind him which even earned a well done off ben.

It might have been my first ENL game but it wont be my last. Well done lads
He made some nice last minute saves from the cross ice pass at the back door. The redskins looked very organised early on but the 3rd goal knocked it out of them. They had a few chances but didn't take them

Another good performance from the Devils ENL team, maybe lacked some of the intensity of recent games against higher placed teams, but maybe to be expected as the last time Streatham were in town they conceded 20 plus goals!!!!

That was never likely too happen tonight, as they appear to have found themselves an excellent netminder, believe his name was Will Sanderson or something similar, got to be fair to the guy he was tremendous last night, single handedly keeping the score respectable.

Just a shame that he let himself down when he turned his back on the Welsh flag during the national anthem, little disappointed by those actions.

Another enjoyable night watching ENL hockey, for anyone that hasnt been give it a go, excellent entertainment.

Goals from Chris Jones, Dan Madge, Dan Bowers, Chris Hart & Jamie Dancey.

Period Scores: 2-0, 0-1, 4-0

It is never going to be a pretty game against teams like Streatham (no offence intended) they are much better than they were last time they visited, mainly due to having double the amount of players. They are a strong team, who don't have the greatest selection of skills, but work hard all the time. The young netminder is fantastic and really keeps the score down, I would not be suprised to see him snapped up by a better team/league next year.

The result was never in doubt, even though we lost the 2nd period 1-0 we were still cruising, which in itself brings problems because when we don't play as a team at a high intensity and to the system like we train then we are not as effective and frustration starts to slip in.

A good crowd again which is great to see and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Off to Bracknell tonight to play a much much tougher opposition on very big ice, we will have to be at our best to make it a 4 point weekend.

;)

Ger-Devils

Arms13 said:
Goals from Chris Jones, Dan Madge, Dan Bowers, Chris Hart & Jamie Dancey.

Period Scores: 2-0, 0-1, 4-0

It is never going to be a pretty game against teams like Streatham (no offence intended) they are much better than they were last time they visited, mainly due to having double the amount of players. They are a strong team, who don't have the greatest selection of skills, but work hard all the time. The young netminder is fantastic and really keeps the score down, I would not be suprised to see him snapped up by a better team/league next year.

The result was never in doubt, even though we lost the 2nd period 1-0 we were still cruising, which in itself brings problems because when we don't play as a team at a high intensity and to the system like we train then we are not as effective and frustration starts to slip in.

A good crowd again which is great to see and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Off to Bracknell tonight to play a much much tougher opposition on very big ice, we will have to be at our best to make it a 4 point weekend.

;)
Where was Cowie last night? You miss Davies's goal too. Haha Good luck and safe journey