JOONAS

Paul Sullivan

devils2001uk said:
If we cut him we will sill have to pay him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The sensible and honourable answer to that is yes, if that is what is in his contract.

However from experience of this season, that's not worth the paper it's written on anyway ;)

Paul Sullivan said:
devils2001uk said:

The sensible and honourable answer to that is yes, if that is what is in his contract.

However from experience of this season, that's not worth the paper it's written on anyway ;)
For god sake Paul let it go, your are sounding so bitter and twisted, just go away and accept the situation you may have created yourself....... Boring

Skippy

Wssnt he on a month trial ?

While I agree the club should look after an injured player questions have to be asked as to wether he arrived injured at some point.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

Budgie said:
Paul Sullivan said:
devils2001uk said:

For god sake Paul let it go, your are sounding so bitter and twisted, just go away and accept the situation you may have created yourself....... Boring
100% bang on. Completely boring, laborious and an obvious vendetta. Get over it

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
skippy said:
Wssnt he on a month trial ?

While I agree the club should look after an injured player questions have to be asked as to wether he arrived injured at some point.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... l-delayed/
Came in injured so see no justification in our continuing to pay him IF his current injury is the same as the original one.
Totally agree. It appears he is being used to give us the perception of having 11 imports when he is barely able to play a game before missing a few weeks. Send him home.

James

Administrator
devils2001uk said:
Sheincar said:
devils2001uk said:

Why?
Under contract

depends when his month trial was. From what I saw of him he looked an immense talent but it's not going to do us any good if he stays off the ice.

mazza03

I've yet to see him play, it's rediculas that we are paying someone who has played so little. Why employ an injured man in the first place?

James

Administrator
mazza03 said:
I've yet to see him play, it's rediculas that we are paying someone who has played so little. Why employ an injured man in the first place?
He got injured after we signed him didn't he ?

mazza03

James said:
mazza03 said:
He got injured after we signed him didn't he ?
No he was injured when we signed him, that is why he couldn't come over straight away.

Paul Sullivan

Budgie said:
As boring as the 'quick - where's the sand for my head?' responses from several.

jimmy snels

I think if he's not fit and hasn't been since he got here we're burning money for nothing. If he hurt himself playing for us see out his month contract and sign a power forward provided richie's injury isnt bad and the funds are there.

Sheincar

jimmy snels said:
I think if he's not fit and hasn't been since he got here we're burning money for nothing. If he hurt himself playing for us see out his month contract and sign a power forward provided richie's injury isnt bad and the funds are there.
When you say see out his month contract, given that he's been here for well over that albeit he's only played twice, are you agreeing we release him now? As far as I can see he's had a 2 month holiday at our expense & in return he's appeared in 2 games. Not a good enough rate of return in my book.

Ocko

I agree with many of the above posts. If Joonas sustained the latest injury while playing for us then I guess we are obliged to honour whatever is in his contract. If this is the same injury then the one month trial he had should be purely just that - a trial.

If he wasnt to return, I dont think we are in need of a D man anyway. Although we are short on D at the moment, once Richie and Quiney are fit I wouldn't really want to disrupt that unit. I think we are very strong in this area; Smith, Marsh, Richie, Batch, Plumton and Quiney is decent enough. I personally think we could do with a bit more toughness. I know we have a number of tough players already but we aren't prepared to let them fight, it seems that is Plumton's job which I dont think isn't particularly fair on him as he isn't a heavyweight that should be fighting the Salters and Spencers of this league week in week out. Marsh and Lord are tough enough to do this but they are too indispensable and key players to the team for that.

I have no doubt that realistically we wont go down this route but I'd love to see someone like Colt King here.

jimmy snels

Sheincar said:
jimmy snels said:
When you say see out his month contract, given that he's been here for well over that albeit he's only played twice, are you agreeing we release him now? As far as I can see he's had a 2 month holiday at our expense & in return he's appeared in 2 games. Not a good enough rate of return in my book.

Yer Id go along with exactly that. I personally dont think we require a d man anyhow. As ocko has just said colt king or similar would be great for me. Someone to keep these teams honest and stop plumers having to fight heavyweights and allow him to be ridiculously irritating :lol:

Lloyd

Ive just got back from the rink and he was hanging around by the bench area. So I guess he's back and ready to play again!