Jono Phillips

Wannabe2

Great young man, great servant, and a great player loved by everyone in Sheffield, Ely boy done good. Always had a lot of time for Jono.

Rempel16

It sucked to see him move to Sheffield all those years ago, but I have nothing but respect for the way Jono plays the game. He's been a leader of that team for an entire generation, and he delivered internationally too.

I'm sure #20 will go to the rafters in Sheffield and he is fully deserving of that honour. Let's just hope (sorry, nothing personal) he doesn't sign off with a trophy.

BostonBart22

It sucked to see him move to Sheffield all those years ago, but I have nothing but respect for the way Jono plays the game. He's been a leader of that team for an entire generation, and he delivered internationally too.

I'm sure #20 will go to the rafters in Sheffield and he is fully deserving of that honour. Let's just hope (sorry, nothing personal) he doesn't sign off with a trophy.
It would only be the playoffs if anything...as the table stands I think that will be the final standings in lge

BostonBart22

Will upset a few here but who cares, really hope devils give him some recognition in some sort of montage in his early years as a devil at our last lge game at home april 2nd., brits don't come around as often as him and what a career. Sadly our brits will be very far and few between in years to come unfortunately, can't see any upcoming on a par with the ones we got now. True legend

terry hunt

Please,please lets not have a "we want Jono" to play for us for his pension.He is a Steeler through and through which i respect but he is NOT a Cardiff Devil any more than Myers.
These players have made their successful careers away from home.
Cardiff is not a care home for ex players when they are no longer wanted by other teams.
I await the abuse from assorted relatives/mates and school pals

CaldicotDevil

Will upset a few here but who cares, really hope devils give him some recognition in some sort of montage in his early years as a devil at our last lge game at home april 2nd., brits don't come around as often as him and what a career. Sadly our brits will be very far and few between in years to come unfortunately, can't see any upcoming on a par with the ones we got now. True legend
The current trend for young high end British players like; Kirk, Betteridge & Tetlow is to move abroad to higher leagues rather than stay in the EIHL

That’s only come about because players like Jono (Myers & Richie) have taken team GB to another level. Giving these youngster the exposure.

kettdevil1

Please,please lets not have a "we want Jono" to play for us for his pension.He is a Steeler through and through which i respect but he is NOT a Cardiff Devil any more than Myers.
Cardiff is not a care home for ex players when they are no longer wanted by other teams.
Given he has announced his retirement, I don't think this is an issue.

Respect the guy for what he has done and hope he goes out on a high.......

.........by leading GB back to the top pool

Finny

So Jono’s final ever league game will be where it all started for him. In Cardiff.

I would hope that something can be arranged for him pre-face off as a mark of respect for him. One of the most successful brits of all time. And whilst the vast majority of that has been in Sheffield we should still be proud that it all started for him in Cardiff.

And on the rare occasions I‘ve spoken to him he’s always been an utter gent.

BostonBart22

If anything to keep himself in shape , he may sign for the steel dogs and still got his home in Sheffield.

moggy#9

So Jono’s final ever league game will be where it all started for him. In Cardiff.

I would hope that something can be arranged for him pre-face off as a mark of respect for him. One of the most successful brits of all time. And whilst the vast majority of that has been in Sheffield we should still be proud that it all started for him in Cardiff.

And on the rare occasions I‘ve spoken to him he’s always been an utter gent.
Polite applause, but nothing else. His service to GB deserves respect, but it's been a very long time since he was a devil.

pjj365

I tend to agree it was 16 years ago
BUT he is Cardiff born and was consistent through the juniors. It is the later that makes me think that maybe we should show the kids we don't forget our own - them in future

ASHIPP

Dundee were classy enough to commemorate Ritchie's 1000th game when it was played there this season. They didn't have to do that.

A little montage or award before that last game against the Steelers at IAW (also last league game of the season) of Jonathan's achievements and his contribution to leadership of Team GB would be a classy move by the Devils.
It isn't every day such a long serving, decorated home grown player retires from the sport.