Jono out (With an Injury)

Thread starter #1
jono out for up to 3 months, will have op on knee soon. o.k. may dislike him these days but hope he gets well and is back soon. he s not had the best of luck with that knee. from wot i read dundee forward chris zarb was given a major penalty for kneeing. not good. side note, warning to any devils fans going up sat , u will have the pleasure of seeing our title winning banner being raised up to there rafters with there name on it, the cheek of it :evil:

Finny

Re: jono out

Always been a big fan of Jono and would like to see him come back home at some point in his career.

Never nice to see a player get an injury, especially as I think he was out a fair bit last season too. Hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

redtilldead said:
warning to any devils fans going up sat ,
Isn't it in our barn on Sat and theirs on Sunday? :?:

Bad times with the knee. This must be the bad news Simmsy was hinting at. Wish him a speedy recovery.

ASHIPP

Very sad to see a recurrence of this injury, particularly as Jono battled hard to get fit again last season. No-one likes to see a player de-railed by something like this...let's hope he battles again and makes a good recovery.

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Very sad to see a recurrence of this injury, particularly as Jono battled hard to get fit again last season. No-one likes to see a player de-railed by something like this...let's hope he battles again and makes a good recovery.
p.s. Jeff Legue appointed captain and rumours of Warren Tait signing for injury cover....or callups for Lee Haywood/Steve Dunscombe.

Paul Sullivan

Chris said:
That's the bad news Simms mentioned on twitter then, forget Phillips' injury, they're getting Warren Tait in...
He makes the best Chairs in the land though. Just don;t tell Asda where their shopping trolleys have gone....

Real shame about Jonna, hope he recovers very soon.

Gaz G

Am I the only one who couldnt give a monkeys??? He left us so no longer my concern. Sad for him but if we are serious about challenging for a league title this can only be good news for a devils fan.

Gazza272

I will say that this weekend we see a Steelers team playing with many brits who are inexperience and lines which Finnerty will have to juggle.

If we are serious about challenging this year we have to take Steelers by the juggular this weekend and walk away with 2 points imo.

kettdevil1

Gazza272 said:
I will say that this weekend we see a Steelers team playing with many brits who are inexperience and lines which Finnerty will have to juggle.

If we are serious about challenging this year we have to take Steelers by the juggular this weekend and walk away with 2 points imo.
Agree we need to take advantage, although I would raise that to 3 point minimum

Sheincar

Gaz G said:
Am I the only one who couldnt give a monkeys??? He left us so no longer my concern. Sad for him but if we are serious about challenging for a league title this can only be good news for a devils fan.
No you're not the only one.He's nothing to do with us any more. Sorry he's injured but must help us.

Gazza272

kettdevil1 said:
Gazza272 said:

Agree we need to take advantage, although I would raise that to 3 point minimum

Thing Is I meant to say 4 points :oops: haha

TheStub

Re: Re: Jono out (With an Injury)

Sheincar said:
Gaz G said:
No you're not the only one.He's nothing to do with us any more. Sorry he's injured but must help us.
I feel the same about Jono being injured as I do about Meyers - the British game is poorer without them, and I dont want to see them out.

Now let's play them as many times as possible whilst key guys ate knobbled

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:

Steelers have won 3/3 competitive games already....with injuries to their players. Finnerty already had to juggle lines last weekend. Goals/assists are coming from everywhere on that team including inexperienced players like Squires picking up points.
This is another team who can be disciplined and have a good powerplay. Their new imports all appear to have settled quickly and are making an impact, particularly Birnstill, Stephenson and Ramsay.
Another test to see how the Devils shape up...would expect AT LEAST a home win at BBT but they will have to play smart and hard.