Jono coming back!

I'm a fan of our current Brits so don't get me wrong, but how anyone could say they wouldn't want Phillips back as one of our Brits baffles me. Hill/Richardson/Lyle go without saying, Davies is going to be top drawer, Harding has impressed recently, Batch looks quality and Burrows/Piggott/Hayes certainly add depth and potential but Phillips would be arguably the best of that bunch. His skating has always impressed me and he's won trophies (something we could do with more experience of). No brainer if you ask me.

Max

jimmy snels

DevilDom said:
If Lyle retires, we get an import nettie and we can ice all the young forwards every game. There is also the likes of Jamie Hayes to consider. He has had another fantastic season for the ENL Devils so maybe he could be given a chance again.
id agree with this. id rather spend our budget on a "weller" and ice our young brits around him than dilute the budget. but hay what do i know! :lol: what i do think tho is if jono was available at the right price for G im sure he'd take him.... i guess it all depends on what price is right for G and franny!

voth26

Gazza272 said:
Experienced brit? - Check

Winner? - Check

leader? - Check

Throw into that he's a local boy and Devils fan so would give that extra 10% I cannot for the life of me see the problem.

Yeah ok so he has a whinge at Referees he does for his team what he can to win. Nothing but an admirable quality for me.

If Jono wants to come home then Welcome back mate :D
I dont see just because jono's a local boy that he would give that extra 10% if that was the case he wouldnt have left!!! except he did (for more money and I know it's a short career) also do you think that he would get that big a welcome back, i'm not so sure he would judging by some of the posts on this thread. I would be really dissappointed if G signed Phillips back, if im being honest as in other posts I would rather we keep the brits we got and help them develop, also for me ritchie and hill are better brits but just my opinion and thoughts