John Lewis

Thread starter #1
The new John Lewis store opens in Cardiff on 24th September. Is it sacrilege to go there? Would it be like walking over sacred burial ground? But I really want go shopping there! :(

Finny

I was thinking the same thing on Sunday actually as I walked past a big sign advertising it's forthcoming opening.

TBH I was never entirely convinced that protesting against John Lewis was the right course of action back then anyway. Plus shopping is for girls anyway.

Oryx said:
Not all girls - i hate shopping!
Me too, I HATE it

Btw I thought you were male ! :eek: thought you said you were in one of the forces, maybe it was someone else ! I know you can have females in the forces, shouldn't have assumed

I was pleased to find out the other day that sales are well down on what they expected to achieve in the opening few weeks!

But then that's hardly a surprise considering Peacocks is Cardiff's best selling store!

Gazza272

100 pound for a plain shirt!

Who in their right mind thought Cardiff needed a shop like that. and as for St Davids 2, if you are sick of the 2 GAME stores in Cardiff already, then dont worry there is another on the way.

And if you cant happen to get Coffee in the Starbucks in Borders then dont worry there are 2 over the road now :roll:

And if you need a Calender in May head over to the calender club, i bet there will be some dirt cheap.

All in all a collosal waste of money spent by CCC

Hrmmm St Davids 2 seems to have lots of shops, but none which are actually worth visiting that we don't already have... I have only had a brief look so there may be a few gems in there I haven't spotted, but on the whole, that's how it looks. Disappointing really.

Looks like I'm definitely in the minority on this one. Went there on the weekend and loved it! I think my credit card has melted though ;)

Only good shop is the one that hasn't opened yet and thats hollister, oh and its kind of nice to have gadget shops again all though i never really bought anything in them, just fun to look at :p.
Do we really need 2 new looks, 3 games, another cheap sports shop and ANOTHER starbucks.

Ger-Devils

nmase20 said:
Only good shop is the one that hasn't opened yet and thats hollister, oh and its kind of nice to have gadget shops again all though i never really bought anything in them, just fun to look at :p.
Do we really need 2 new looks, 3 games, another cheap sports shop and ANOTHER starbucks.
Atleast the sport shop is a local independant firm