Joey Martin Signs!

Ocko

Thread starter #3
That signing puts us right up as one of the best rosters signed in the league on paper. Before every signing I keep thinking 'surely this is one of our more average signings, a sort of filler, checking line type'.... And then we sign an absolute star.

The Devils website is down atm (everyone must be logging on at once!!) but you can view the Wales Online article here.

Looks an amazing signing and probably the strongest team we've had (on paper) since the World Record season. We will certainly compete with the best this season. My only concern is that we'e got a lot of new faces and our success will depend on how soon / how well they gel together. Cant help but feel excited now though...

Have Hope#35

shoes_off said:
The Devils website is down atm (everyone must be logging on at once!!) but you can view the Wales Online article here.

Looks an amazing signing and probably the strongest team we've had (on paper) since the World Record season. We will certainly compete with the best this season. My only concern is that we'e got a lot of new faces and our success will depend on how soon / how well they gel together. Cant help but feel excited now though...
Joey Martin played with Dougie Clarkson at Toledo Walleye in 2012/13 Season and most seem to have played with someone on the Roster so hopefully that will help!? Plus they're all Canadian so they should get on like a house on fire!

Finny

Only 5'10 and doesn't fight? What is Lord playing at?

On a serious note it's yet another fantastic signing. I used to dream of signing players who had played in the AHL in previous seasons - yet this summer it seems to have become the standard. Most seem to have even played AHL last season!

Based on his stats he's not likely to be one of our top goalscorers but could well lead us in points and assists. But then I thought that would happen with Faulkner and he turned out to be a goal machine for us!

What makes me most excited though is that he is only 5'10 and described as a speedy skater. Traditionally these type of players who don't get a permanent AHL contract come over here and light the EIHL up.

Even in a summer without problems this would be a great line-up. When you consider that this team has been put together in just over a month it is absolutely mind-blowing.

FTM

Panthers fan here.

Looks like you guys have signed another good one!

I reckon that makes it 11 out of 12 imports having AHL on their CV. The only exception being JM.

Koop11

Great signing to round off what I regard as the best team we have signed since Superleague (on paper!). His stats look very solid but regular call ups to the AHL show his game is much more. I would expect he has a hand in special teams and plays as good old fashioned two way centre. Looking forward to what he has to offer. Welcome to Cardiff Mr Martin.

The new ownership have set the tone by taking a large punt at challenging for honours while we still play out of the worst facility in the Elite League. However, this shows their ambition and commitment for the future Cardiff Devils teams and it couldn’t be more exciting for all involved. Wouldn’t it be special to finish our last season in the BBT with a piece of silverware. This recruiting gives us a real chance at that.

Well done to Lord and Franny for this exciting squad. 4 weeks to go. Tick, tock, tick….

ASHIPP

Welcome to Cardiff, Joey. What another fantastic signing. For a club not anticipating winning anything this season, the Devils are certainly sending out a clear message that they are going to be very competitive, aggressive and skilled.

An amazing recruitment job achieved by our new coach, Director of Hockey and GM.

In 6 weeks this club has not just been saved, it's been completely resurrected. No season has been so anticipated by fans.

wildthing74

This signing rounds off 3 forward lines that can score along with a few on D with good offensive stats.Its really exciting and hopefully we should be able to compete every night against any team in EIHL.
Add our top 4 Brits I can't see many squads having a better starting 16? Without getting carried away I would love this to be the year we can add another banner.
Hopefully we are healthy and can keep the lines stacked and give the 4th line guys regular ice as an energy line to keep us fresh.