Jersey Sponsorship Process

Thread starter #1
Hi all,

I'm thinking of sponsoring a jersey this year for the first time but am a little confused by the process. Basically, I would like to sponsor a red jersey of pretty much 'any' player, however, I can only afford to sponsor one. The website says:

"You can put your name in as many of the boxes as you want, but only 1 entry per box. The first name out of each box gets first choice of the colour of the jersey they want. The cost of each jersey is £200. Payment must be made on the night in cash or with a card".

Therefore, in my mind I'm wondering should I only put my name in one box as I can only afford one jersey, or should I put my name in several boxes to increase my chances? The risk with the second option is that my name could be picked more than once and I wouldn't be able to sponsor more than one jersey.

Can anyone more experienced with this process help shed some light for me? Can you still 'opt out' if your name is picked for example or is that not the 'done thing'?

Cheers

it is fine to decline if you have already drawn one and don't want another, they just redraw another name - it has happened in previous years

Temme

Yeah as Ook said, it's pretty common for people to put their name in every box.

The difficulty would come is if your name came out for, we'll say Moore, do you then A) decline that hoping to get a Martin jersey, or do you accept that one, but if you are then drawn for a Martin jersey you can't go back!