JEFF HUTCHINS

Word is he had to have a tracheotomy (sp?) whilst still on the ice but had regained consciousness once in the ambulance.

Good luck to him for a speedy recovery.

TheStub

Apparently he took a clean hit, and went down hard. Out cold and swallowed his tongue was the report I got - apparently they had to cut him open on the ice before taking him to the ambulance.

Blinking heck! Hope he's ok.

Hockey being hockey I can't imagine there being anyone out there in hockey land who wouldn't wish their best for him. Get well soon Jeff

We all have players we dislike and like to dislike, but it's only a game afterall and i wish him a fast recovery, nobody likes to see injuries like that.

Koop11

All the very best to Hutchins for a speedy recovery. Not a favourate player with many fans, including me, but I don't like to hear things like this happen to anyone.

kettdevil1

Makes you think doesn't it?

We will always have a go at him when he does his goon act but at this moment I hope that he is OK and we get the chance to see him on the ice soon.

Gazza272

Gutted to hear that any hockey player is hurt, if everyone was honest Hutchins wouldnt be their favourite but no one in the entireity of British hockey would wish this sort of thing on any hockey player.

Speedy recovery to Hutchins, in some ways the best compliment we could pay him is that we want him back on the ice so we can get back to dislikeing him (please dont take that the wrong way!)

all the best jeff, we all hope for a speedy recovery for you, again he only takes slack for being a steeler but no true hockey fan wants to see any player seriously injured like this, all the best mate

TheStub

http://www.steelersihc.co.uk/phpBB3/vie ... f=2&t=9097

Dave Simms said:
Its 10.10 as we are updating this. Jeff is in hospital after suffering a serious concussion. Jeff has a cut above his eye and a cut to the back of the head.

Rumours that he has had a tracheotomy are not true, and those who put that rumour on this forum should be ashamed of themselves as Jeff's family have read that, and that he swallowed his tounge and gum shield, which is also not true. Some people should think before they type.

Jeff was kept on the ice for so long because the rink did not have a spine board and the medics felt it was better to wait for the ambulance to arrive first. Jeff was concious shortly after the incident.

At present David Matsos and the clubs physio are with Jeff at the Hospital. I will update on this thread when I have another update. Perhaps best that anyone wanting to reply does it on the Get Well Soon thread and leave this for me to update as and when this evening
Update on Hutch. Apparently no emergency operation - just a nasty concussion. Probably one of the few times that we are thankful for that.

steve

FROM DAVE SIMMS - THE INITIAL REPORTS OF SERIOUS INJURY WERE EMBELISHED BY A STEEL TALK POSTER. HUTCHINGS SUFFERED A CONCUSSION, AND HAS ATTENDED HOSPITAL AS A PRECAUTION. UNFORTUNATELY FOR HUTCHINGS FAMILY - THEY WERE FOLLOWING STEEL TALK AND ARE UNDERSTANDABLY DISTRESSED BY THIS MISINFORMATION.

JUST TO BE CLEAR.

*****thanks Gareth you beat me to it!

Russky

I would like to re-iterate these comments from daivaider and Koop despite what my ill-judged comments I posted earlier (in ignorance and based on information we had at the time and were later to be proved to be inaccurate!) on another thread! Looking forward to seeing him icing against the Devils in the tent in the near future!