Jason Stone

Thread starter #1
The Devils are doing a great job in organising events for Stoney's testimonial year and it's all well deserved, but I feel he deserves some national recognition for his commitment to ice hcokey and particularly the Devils.

On Sport Wales the other day and also mentioned on the BBC Wales News, they had a short section about a rugby player who'd played 1000 games or something - mostly at lower league teams, so I'm hoping they'll at least do a section on Stoney at some point - unless I've missed something already?

Also, looking at the Welsh Sports Personality there's been a nomination for Louise Rickard for retiring with a record 108 caps for Wales in Women's Rugby. So surely going on the bases that she's in there for record appearances and commitment to a minority sport, shouldn't Jason Stone have been considered - over 1000 games, 20 years playing for his home team. Who decides on the nominees? Is there any way us fans / the club could get him nominated next year - or at least for some sort of "achievement award"?

I think he thoroughly deserves it :D

Gazza272

Stoneys contribution to British ice hockey has been criminally underrated. Even by British ice hockey.

To play at the levels he has for so long is quite remarkable really. He has at times had criticism but it says a lot about the player he is to bounce back each time and get back to his best.

He does deserve some national recognition imo.

write to your local MP. Thats how Sir Tony of Hand became an Ould Buck Eejitt. If no one brings it to their attention then it will never happen