Jason stone not icing

Chris

Administrator
He seems to have been benched a fair amount recently, in favour of our import D and Symonds.

Have to admit i'm fairly happy he's not playing, he's looked out of his depth the last couple of seasons and the limited amount i've seen of him this season he looked even more out of place.

In Belfast on Saturday Symonds had quite a bit of ice time, the Giants were quick and often pushed Symonds off the puck/play, but he didn't make mistakes, he knows how to pass and he didn't aimlessly shoot the puck away to anyone but himself.

From the Sheffield thread it looks as if Symonds played rather well so it looks like we have a Brit replacement.

Chris.

Chris said:
He seems to have been benched a fair amount recently, in favour of our import D and Symonds.

Have to admit i'm fairly happy he's not playing, he's looked out of his depth the last couple of seasons and the limited amount i've seen of him this season he looked even more out of place.

In Belfast on Saturday Symonds had quite a bit of ice time, the Giants were quick and often pushed Symonds off the puck/play, but he didn't make mistakes, he knows how to pass and he didn't aimlessly shoot the puck away to anyone but himself.

From the Sheffield thread it looks as if Symonds played rather well so it looks like we have a Brit replacement.

Chris.
symonds played very well last night and only remember him giving the puck away once. he hit people, he got his stick in the passing lanes and he blocked shots. i think he deserved MOM last night. He made some good defensive plays last night and made some good long outlet passes.

James

Administrator
Symo played very well last night, and made very few mistakes, who knows why Hartwick got MOM. Stoney has looked off the pace for a while now.

E.D.S.

Chris said:

Chris.
You're bang on the money for me there Chris. Stoney has been a phenomenal servant to this club and I'm pleased he's getting a much deserved testimonial but he's looked out of sorts for some time now and I would have liked to have seen a replacement lined up and blooded into the team a little sooner. Fingers crossed that Symonds can step up as he's playing well at the moment.

Symo is getting better the more he plays and obviously is the right man for the job. I agree with the majority on here that Stoney has shown great dedication to the club and for that he will go down in history but on the ice his play is showing he may of passed it now even if his mind disagrees.

Sorry Jason but young desperate for ice time with hunger for the win D man for me.

When the team came out for the third period I noticed that there was no G and I thought I saw stoney circling the ice but didn't ice in the game :?

devilflame said:
When the team came out for the third period I noticed that there was no G and I thought I saw stoney circling the ice but didn't ice in the game :?
G was last out of the dressing room and went straight to the bench and not onto the ice but he was there on the bench same as stoney but niether had a shift i dont think

Chris

Administrator
Can't remember where I read it, but one of the press releases or Echo reports had Adams saying something along the lines of although he could play, he was finding it hard to breathe.

Perhaps the broken nose/operation is affecting him more than was imagined...

Chris.

Finny

I think that was mentioned during the DevilsTV interview too. At first I thought they were on about Stoney, but it would make more sense if it was about G as it mentioned struggling to breathe after the operation.

Russky

Chris said:
Can't remember where I read it, but one of the press releases or Echo reports had Adams saying something along the lines of although he could play, he was finding it hard to breathe.

Perhaps the broken nose/operation is affecting him more than was imagined...

Chris.
Please excuse me for being a little dense ( no more than normal!) but wasn't G talking about himself rather than Stoney? Not having spoken to Stoney recently, I cant really assess if he is happy or otherwise about the amount of icetime he's getting.

Russky

Yeah sorry Chris, I was momentarily confused! It doesnt take much!

I am hoping for a repeat of boxing day's performance tomorrow! Hope Stoney gets some Ice time!
I will be looking out to see how much he is on the ice!

wildthing74

James said:
Slapshot to the face after the whistle in the cov away game.
It was not quite as bad as that.I recall the puck flying up off a stick and too close to get out of the way.It looked worse than thankfully it proved to be.

Chris

Administrator
I am hoping for a repeat of boxing day's performance tomorrow! Hope Stoney gets some Ice time!
Got to be honest, I really hope he doesn't :?

We're playing 2 big games this weekend, and they're both better than us on paper and in reality i'd say.

We need Symonds on the ice instead of Stone, he didn't make silly mistakes last weekend and actually fought for the puck and posession. Stone isn't quick enough to avoid the Blaze and Giants' forwards.

It's a shame I guess, but Stone looks past his best and will only be shown up this weekend if he plays in my opinion.

Chris.