Jardine

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Whats the position with jardine, heard so many rumours he is not injured, had a fall out with management, he wants out, whats going on, i know its not my business but if he coming back all well and good, if not we need a replacement asap as the deadline is looming for transfers...just saying..

jenks33

Whats the position with jardine, heard so many rumours he is not injured, had a fall out with management, he wants out, whats going on, i know its not my business but if he coming back all well and good, if not we need a replacement asap as the deadline is looming for transfers...just saying..
Surely some kind of injury has been an issue as well. I’m not saying there hasn’t been a falling out (I haven’t heard anything) but he didn’t look fit at all to me. Looked to be carrying an injury

BostonBart22

Thread starter #3
Surely some kind of injury has been an issue as well. I’m not saying there hasn’t been a falling out (I haven’t heard anything) but he didn’t look fit at all to me. Looked to be carrying an injury
Normally the club would come out with, concussion, as with coughler, upper body injury, lower body injury, it just seems all cloak and dagger on jardine for some reason.

fridaysfingers

I’d have thought the fact that he hasn’t played since he took the accidental hit to the head from Brittain suggests a concussion/injury

as some of the senior management read the inferno, why dont people ask the question to them. not saying you might get a response to exactly whats going on but its a start.. (Steveking}

tim78

Personally I'd rather take approach if he's not playing there's a good reason and our management and owners have proven time and time again they make the best decisions.

They may not always work out perfectly but they are certainly by far in the clubs history the best in my eyes.

Have Hope#35

Both Coughler and Jardine are regularly in the rink for games and there has been clear evidence that Coughler is back on the ice in some capacity. There has been zero official information on the Jardine or Coughler injuries but both are rumoured to be head injuries/concussion! Dupont touched on both players briefly in his interview after the Glasgow loss, just to say that he hoped to have both of them back available for the season run in.

Ocko

Maybe Jardine doesn’t want it released why he’s not playing? It could impact his future employability with other teams.

Why do we need to know? If any of you are off work sick, could members of the public call up to find out why?

A falling out sounds ridiculous. He has been at every game and around the team. If he’d fallen out with management he’d be gone. The club would be spiting themselves by continuing to pay him for nothing.

lloyd_jeff

Two words Contract Clauses, he’d be in serious poo if a) He speaks badly of the club or his employers b) They may have to pay him out of his contract, could be a Bale Madrid kinda situation, it happens a lot in pro sport. C) He’d potentially be a liability on the ice by disrupting game play etc out of spite. It’s not a ridiculous scenario as there are plenty of disgruntled players left in contract & forced to attend training & public appearances etc without any hope of playing for their remaining time in contract, it’s an act of both defiance & punishment.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Two words Contact Clauses, he’d be in serious poo if a) He speaks badly of the club or his employers b) They may have to pay him out of his contract, could be a Bale Madrid kinda situation, it happens a lot in pro sport. C) He’d potentially be a liability on the ice by disrupting game play etc out of spite. It’s not a ridiculous scenario as there are plenty of disgruntled players left in contract & forced to attend training & public appearances etc without any hope of playing for their remaining time in contract, it’s an act of both defiance & punishment.
Welcome to assumption central !!!!

Probably one of the most ridiculous posts since the inception of The Inferno !!!!!!

Do everyone a favour Mazz (including yourself) - go and find yourself a nice enjoyable hobby - you’ll be happy !!

Earnie

We could ask James to strike her out for never publishing a likeable post.
That would give us all a break until a new name arrives.

Kevlar68

As for the statement "contract clauses" what clauses? Contracts in this league don't really carry any weight. Players have signed, played well then just up'd and left for better leagues without any problem. We've released players before at the drop of a hat so Jardine would be treated no different if it was a problematic situation.

ASHIPP

Todd hasn't hesitated when fallings-out /awkward situations have happened before (Faryna, Mychan) Those players don't re-commit to the Club the following season so I guess we will find out later this year!

I can't imagine TK allowing the continual presence of a player who, if disgruntled, would cause negativity around the team...and around the arena if that player was regularly talking to fans.

Sounds like a genuine, slow response, long-term injury is preventing Jardine from playing. If he wanted out in the middle of all this, the Club would only need to release a story that Sam has gone home to recuperate. If that was the case, can someone explain why he is still here?

lloyd_jeff

Contracts do carry weight, otherwise why bother with them, the league has zero influence over the law, league or not a contract is a legally binding document.
I can’t comment on the specifics because l don’t & neither does anyone else writing here know the specifics, we don’t even know if this is the issue. Having said that, contracts most certainly can be challenged or enforced, it all depends on individuals & the circumstances. What we do know is within the world of professional sports, players have regularly been held to ransom within their respective teams. If both parties want to break the contract amicably of course, both can walk away, imagine though your boss is an arsehole, we all know there are many, you don’t have to look hard, in fact we’ve all got one. Imagine then you’ve really upset that boss & in retaliation, he’s happy to loose a bit of money to keep you smiling in public, doing boring training sessions and held off playing the game you love, knowing you hate every second & the only get out would cost you far more than you could afford.

Ocko

Contracts do carry weight, otherwise why bother with them, the league has zero influence over the law, league or not a contract is a legally binding document.
I can’t comment on the specifics because l don’t & neither does anyone else writing here know the specifics, we don’t even know if this is the issue. Having said that, contracts most certainly can be challenged or enforced, it all depends on individuals & the circumstances. What we do know is within the world of professional sports, players have regularly been held to ransom within their respective teams. If both parties want to break the contract amicably of course, both can walk away, imagine though your boss is an arsehole, we all know there are many, you don’t have to look hard, in fact we’ve all got one. Imagine then you’ve really upset that boss & in retaliation, he’s happy to loose a bit of money to keep you smiling in public, doing boring training sessions and held off playing the game you love, knowing you hate every second & the only get out would cost you far more than you could afford.
If you genuinely think any of this is applicable to this situation and indeed the EIHL as a whole then you are even thicker than the majority of your previous posts suggest.