Jake Coughler

Pembo

Thread starter #5
This is class, we need Sully to play this in the arena.
Feedback from Sulli has been that he doesn’t think he feels he could use any of my stuff so I don’t think imminent chance of hearing any of my tunes in IAW. My IAW goal has been one day to see the groovy family on front of block one dancing to a PK track, they’re awesome to watch.

I set myself a target of getting something I’ve done played at an arena before the end of 2022, I know that probably won’t ever happen in Cardiff, but may have more luck with Cov. their upstairs music people met with me after the most recent Devils game and I’m putting together a Blaze track for them. We’ve got a Blaze fan in our household so seems a reasonable plan B. I’d be absolutely be chuffed to bits if the kids got to hear one of my tunes played at an arena on a game night, even if it is Sky Dome rather than IAW as we’re all massive UK hockey nerds and it’s great fun putting tracks together.

Rempel16

Out of interest - what was the reason for not being able to use your stuff?

I remember the Brad Voth (Hell Yeah Brad Voth is coming) song used to be played regularly in the BBT and that was done in the same way, by Aled (of commentary fame) and co.

Pembo

Thread starter #7
Out of interest - what was the reason for not being able to use your stuff?

I remember the Brad Voth (Hell Yeah Brad Voth is coming) song used to be played regularly in the BBT and that was done in the same way, by Aled (of commentary fame) and co.
I think Sulli felt he couldn’t really see a situation where he could play any of them as they’re not “stabby” enough. He’s obviously got quite a settled match night playlist so I can understand he’s not particularly keen to shoehorn in any of my stuff. I’d wondered about using “Things are getting Devilish” before puck drop pre puck drop for either second or 3rd period in the 2 minutes where teams coming onto the ice. I’d wondered about things like situational Riley Brandt usage as gets going quickly & bespoke for the player, but I think Sulli prefers “wrecking ball” by Miles Cyrus. I’d wondered about jumping straight to part of songs where build up has happened and chorus starting like he does with some of the other tunes he uses but doesn’t seem like he’s keen to go that way. He said he thought would be better if I just did a Spotify playlist and fans could hear them on that. I’ve only put the tunes on soundcloud because it was most straight forward way of sharing, I’m not really up to speed with process of getting stuff on other platforms and as I don’t make money from doing this I can’t afford to pay to get my stuff on multiple platforms. He said he was getting in contact with someone else he knew to may be look to do some Devils tunes instead so at this point I’ve taken the hint & recognised it’s never going to happen for me in IAW!

Nobody asked me to do these so I’ve got no right to expect to hear them played in IAW. It’s been nice knowing that the players have heard them and they played a couple of them on coach heading to Belfast. Fingers are crossed that the Blaze guys think I can do something usable for them so the arena play bucket list may still get ticked!

kingmo19.1

I think Sulli felt he couldn’t really see a situation where he could play any of them as they’re not “stabby” enough. He’s obviously got quite a settled match night playlist so I can understand he’s not particularly keen to shoehorn in any of my stuff. I’d wondered about using “Things are getting Devilish” before puck drop pre puck drop for either second or 3rd period in the 2 minutes where teams coming onto the ice. I’d wondered about things like situational Riley Brandt usage as gets going quickly & bespoke for the player, but I think Sulli prefers “wrecking ball” by Miles Cyrus. I’d wondered about jumping straight to part of songs where build up has happened and chorus starting like he does with some of the other tunes he uses but doesn’t seem like he’s keen to go that way. He said he thought would be better if I just did a Spotify playlist and fans could hear them on that. I’ve only put the tunes on soundcloud because it was most straight forward way of sharing, I’m not really up to speed with process of getting stuff on other platforms and as I don’t make money from doing this I can’t afford to pay to get my stuff on multiple platforms. He said he was getting in contact with someone else he knew to may be look to do some Devils tunes instead so at this point I’ve taken the hint & recognised it’s never going to happen for me in IAW!

Nobody asked me to do these so I’ve got no right to expect to hear them played in IAW. It’s been nice knowing that the players have heard them and they played a couple of them on coach heading to Belfast. Fingers are crossed that the Blaze guys think I can do something usable for them so the arena play bucket list may still get ticked!
I’m sure the period breaks would provide an ideal opportunity to provide some stabby Pembo tunes!

Kevlar68

Even though they're good I think if sully plays one person's songs it then means if another fan makes up songs it would the case of "why him and not me" if he played these and not the other dongs then where would it end.

Pembo

Thread starter #11
Even though they're good I think if sully plays one person's songs it then means if another fan makes up songs it would the case of "why him and not me" if he played these and not the other dongs then where would it end.
Yeah, I don’t think it’s realistic to have any of my tracks played in IAW, the Brad Voth era is over. It’s been fun making them though. It’s going to stay on my bucket list, but is probably a pipe dream at best.

Kevlar68

If I was still doing the job that sully does I myself would use the period between warm up and face off to play home grown songs, at least that way there is a platform to get them in to the game night experience.