Jade Galbraith visa refused

Truly bizarre, especially after having played in the UK for so many years. Was qutie looking forward to seeing him play for the Stars actually...and whether he'd piled the pounds back on!!

Temme

Thread starter #3
shoes_off said:
Truly bizarre, especially after having played in the UK for so many years. Was qutie looking forward to seeing him play for the Stars actually...and whether he'd piled the pounds back on!!
I'd read somewhere that it was *very* close to being denied when he returned to Braehead from Nottingham for the 11-12(?) season.

Considering the only person that jumps to mind for having a visa denied was Mike Danton... cue the rumours & speculation! :mrgreen:

Jon

Yes he was and yes I know and no I won't be saying.It's a shame as I always enjoyed watching him play when he was actually trying.

drainage

Temme said:
shoes_off said:
I'd read somewhere that it was *very* close to being denied when he returned to Braehead from Nottingham for the 11-12(?) season.

Considering the only person that jumps to mind for having a visa denied was Mike Danton... cue the rumours & speculation! :mrgreen:
I thought it was last season but am sure I recall it took an age to get visa for him ?? Or was that someone else entirely?

Wannabe2

Jon said:
Yes he was and yes I know and no I won't be saying.It's a shame as I always enjoyed watching him play when he was actually trying.
He is way past it, get the youngsters in, it's a young mans sport, get a feisty youngster Dundee, Jade it's not even a mans name.

Ocko

Agree with wannabe. Would be a step backwards for the league too. Most teams have signed players younger and of a higher calibre than before which makes us seem a little more professional as a league, on the whole.

Talent doesn't make you a pro and he certainly isn't. Ability in spades but doesn't play the game in the right way, condition himself or have the attitude IMO.

Ocko

danhall76 said:
Could have played at a much higher level but didn't seem to have the hunger or motivation. Kind of like Jeff Pierce.
I think 'hunger' has always been a big problem of his! :lol:

He was probably obnoxious to the wrong people.

I remember seeing him at the Playoffs mouthing off to some fans about how fantastic he was and how dare they question his fitness !!

Koop11

Points don’t lie but I always found his performances very average. For all the hype he used to receive from the likes of Simmsy, I thought he was always overrated. The only thing I ever saw him do well in games v Cardiff was score a nice penalty shot.

If Devils had signed him I wouldn’t have been happy. I think this is a blessing for Dundee.

Wagstaff

Ocko said:
danhall76 said:
Could have played at a much higher level but didn't seem to have the hunger or motivation. Kind of like Jeff Pierce.
I think 'hunger' has always been a big problem of his! :lol:
:lol:
I always found him to be very lacking in everything but skill, I remember the Braehead fans chanting " he scores when he wants to" when he put their first in against us, well he obviously didn't want to again as he spent the rest of his shifts camped by the blue line waiting for a breakaway pass that never arrived!

Jon

It's interesting how players divide opinion, there is little doubt that he is or was a very skilful player who was lazy and rarely fit, when he was on his game he was one of the best and when he wasn't he might as well have not turned up. If you actually got to know the guy he was very pleasant, funny and kind but that's hockey players for you. I wish him good luck wherever he ends up.