It's been alleged that - Corey maims a fan

TheStub

Thread starter #1
Lots of people looking for Corey's blood for shooting a puck out of play and catching a child.

Now I'm not Corey's biggest fan, but am I alone in thinking it wouldn't be deliberate? Not seeing the incident, I struggle to imagine any player deliberately launching a puck into the crowd.

osh

Surely accidental and it could happen at any game. What always amazes me at home games is how parents allow kids to wander around during games when play is going on. I'm surprised there has never been such an incident at the BBT.

I think most reasonable people know it wouldn't have been intentional to hit anybody with it but to fire a puck at the glass AFTER the final buzzer, what was he expecting to happen given the Panthers ability to be very poor with their shooting accuracy.

At every game folk are reminded to keep an eye on the puck at all times, but you don't expect it to be heading your way once the game has finished!

Finnerty is sticking up for him on twitter saying "I can assure you nobody feels worse then Neilson for what happened last night. Put the swords away people".

Surely just an accident and as osh says, suprised it hasn't happened at BBT with people not paying attention / walking round. That said, you could still get a whack in the face even if you are sitting / paying attention as it happens in split second.

Finny

Firing the puck over the plexi after the whistle can never be accidental. It's unbelievably stupid and dangerous.

No doubt that Corey had no intention to hit someone or injure them, but when you hit a puck over the plexi you are asking for trouble.